• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

boomed

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Someone buys a house? That's hardly a boomed. WGAS anyway.

Fail boom.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by GitMaster69 View Post
      third property passed through,
      Approaching million .... in debt
      It's not debt, it's leveraged investment.

First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

Fail boom.
        So no banana then?

Mouldy banana?

qh
        He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Fail boom.
          You’re some personality of the year northerlad

Comment

People are buying cars, I'm buying houses that repay themself ++++ .
            Will continue buying, market dips or not providing the yield is higher than repayment. Building up passive income unlike people that buy only liabilities. But yeah, tell me how wrong I am!

And I got a good price on this one, at around 10% discount
            Am guessing it's in the S.E. at those prices?

I bought at the peak in 2006 and the house lost 20% in value in the ensuing crash up to 2011. But in those 4 or 5 years I was fortunate to have a constant tenancy paying down the mortgage and providing a profit on top. The house is now worth double what it was at the trough in 2011... but it's taken 15 years.

What this does show is that property, like many investments, is a long term game.

EDIT: but I'm not buying right now!
            EDIT2: having said that, house prices will probably go up next year because Covid will wane and people will start getting back to normal life.
            Last edited by ChimpMaster; 26 November 2020, 16:09.

Comment

Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
              Am guessing it's in the S.E. at those prices?

I bought at the peak in 2006 and the house lost 20% in value in the ensuing crash up to 2011. But in those 4 or 5 years I was fortunate to have a constant tenancy paying down the mortgage and providing a profit on top. The house is now worth double what it was at the trough in 2011... but it's taken 15 years.

What this does show is that property, like many investments, is a long term game.
              in reality I'm 1 property away from them being valued at £1m with debt being at about half a mil. It was a joke in the first post that I'm wealthy in debt . I will never sell a property, not with current CGT changes so don't care that much about their valuation. What matters to me is how much yield I can squeeze from the deposit and in that sense anything above interest is actually money in pocket.

Comment

Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
                EDIT2: having said that, house prices will probably go up next year because Covid will wane and people will start getting back to normal life.
                I think they will especially in airbnb-friendly areas. Just waiting for travel to start again, whilst enjoying income from holidaying locals during lockdown

Comment

You’re some personality of the year northerlad
                  That was some years ago though

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                    That was some years ago though
                    It was.. well before you won yours... oh.. hang on.. Nerrrrrrrrrr
                    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

It was.. well before you won yours... oh.. hang on.. Nerrrrrrrrrr
                      Crikey, they'd really have to get past the bottom of the barrel for me to get awarded it

Comment

Working...
                      X