• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

DOOM: Pubs

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DOOM: Pubs

" Industry warns 80 per cent of UK pubs face ‘perilous position’ "

UK pub bosses have warned that 80 per cent of pubs will be in a “perilous position” over the crucial Christmas trading period because of coronavirus restrictions, putting tens of thousands at risk of permanent closure.

Tim Martin, chairman of the pub group JD Wetherspoon, said the government’s three-tier system of local restrictions, which will come into force when a nationwide lockdown in England ends on December 2, was “a form of lockdown by stealth” that would force almost half of its 870 pubs to close."

Subscribe to read | Financial Times

Can't believe I agree with that chunt Tim

It's news now that its large corporates like Weatherspoons?

The way I see it , the industry was in terminal decline due to taxation , changes in behaviour and the exact bloke who's whinging now he's getting hit in the pocket.

Comment

'spoon will survice and benefit massively from death of independent pubs that serve proper beer, not cheap tulip.

Comment

Pub bosses are like farmers, they are always complaining about everything being terrible and the brink of obliteration.

It's probably true in this case, though I think the financial support for businesses forced to close is actually quite decent, hospitality in particular?
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
        X