• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Free lunch

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Free lunch

"SNP pledges free breakfast and lunch for primary pupils all year round

Scotland’s education secretary, John Swinney, vows to dramatically extend free school meals policy

Scotland could become the first UK nation to provide free breakfasts and lunches to every primary school child all year round, after the SNP pledged to do so if re-elected next May.

Speaking at the party’s conference, the Scottish education secretary, John Swinney, made the policy commitment as he claimed that the UK chancellor Rishi Sunak’s “second wave of austerity” would unleash a “tsunami of child poverty” in Scotland.

Scotland currently provides free lunches for children in years one to three, while eligibility for breakfasts varies depending on individual councils."

Source: SNP pledges free breakfast and lunch for primary pupils all year round | Scottish National party (SNP) | The Guardian

Looks like a vote winner, SNP is unstoppable!

Ridiculous! Should be for those who really need it.

PS Mind you, I've just got my £200 old fart fuel allowance. Hippo Crate.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

If the lunch is free, then you are the lunch...
      I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

If the lunch is free, English taxpayers paid for it.
        His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Free Lunch

Is there such a thing?

Comment

Originally posted by Paralytic View Post
            Is there such a thing?
            I was hoping minnie would explain it

Comment

The idea is to get everyone in Scotland's buy in into the welfare state plus it's easier for the schools to implement.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

it will be free until independence or the UK parliament cuts the Barnet formula.
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                X