• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Are LinkedIn jobs fake?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jayn200 View Post
    I see them make posts but I haven't seen them post in the actual job board part of linkedin.
    That's sort of the point. They post to their contacts, who may want to apply themselves or recommend someone else.
    I don't think you've quite got the point of this.
    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
      That's sort of the point. They post to their contacts, who may want to apply themselves or recommend someone else.
      I don't think you've quite got the point of this.
      Yeaaah you're right. I thought the OP was referring to posted job ads but now reading it again I see OP meant recruiters reaching out via messages. My bad

Comment

LinkedIn is becoming a joke. It is becoming a political forum for the pro Brexit and anti Lockdown and BOB lobby.
        An agent posts a job for a requirement in Germany requiring German and a EU passport and you get 100 BOBs replying
        " Interested" or for better reach( what is that supposed to mean).

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Contractor UK Forum mobile app

Comment

yes

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
            An agent I used once posts on LinkedIn first in his network then about 24-48 hours later puts the role on jobserve if there are no takers.
            Lots of agents in every sector work this way.
            They are discouraged from using job boards in the first instance on cost grounds.
            Former IPSE member
            My Website

Comment

Originally posted by Brussels Slumdog View Post
              for better reach( what is that supposed to mean).
              What they're actually doing is making the use of comments to share the original post with their network (e.g. 1000s of others that will also reply). Apparently commenting is more effective than 'sharing' a post in LinkedIn if you want something to be seen.

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                Absolutely. I'm coming out of retirement to do a job for a Nigerian prince. I had to pay £5000 to cover the paperwork but that's nothing compared to the rate I've ben offered.
                You're too late. He died last week. Millions left uninherited. Apparently he tried to give it away but nobody believed him.
                The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by courtg9000 View Post
                  Lots of agents in every sector work this way.
                  They are discouraged from using job boards in the first instance on cost grounds.
                  To be fair I wouldn't use a job board first on the account of the amount of tulip CVs you have to wade through.
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                  X