• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

DOOM: Annuity rates

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Ok, clicked links and here is “Performance” data from them -

1. 27/11/19 to 27/11/20 - 0.66%
    2. -5.27%
    3. 1.73%

You buy them for the yield generally. If you want to make money on capital appreciation, buy AMD shares.
    First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Originally posted by _V_ View Post
      You buy them for the yield generally. If you want to make money on capital appreciation, buy AMD shares.
      And how do they guarantee yield?

Don’t forget HL fees

In any case 3% is rather pathetic when capital is a risk

Comment

Fidelity MoneyBuilder Income (Class W) Income Fund Price & Information

Distribution yield : 2.93%
        Income paid: Monthly
        Type of payment: Interest

Return 27/11/18 to 27/11/19 10.08%
        Return 27/11/19 to 27/11/20 5.86%

Comment

And how do they guarantee yield?

Don’t forget HL fees

In any case 3% is rather pathetic when capital is a risk
          Well, you can have no risk in a bank and get 0.1%

Comment

What does class W mean?

These bonds look like a bigger scam than annuities - at least with those they can just repay you back your own money and then keep some, less chance they’ll scam whole capital

Comment

What does class W mean?

These bonds look like a bigger scam than annuities - at least with those they can just repay you back your own money and then keep some, less chance they’ll scam whole capital
              Sounds like you have it all sorted. AMD to the moon, then sell up and buy an annuity.

Comment

Sounds like you have it all sorted. AMD to the moon, then sell up and buy an annuity.
                By the time of my retirement in post Brexit Britain getting a rat trap will be deemed as the best retirement option in exchange for 100000000 bottle caps...

Comment

I cannot see why anyone would convert a large sum of money into an annuity rather than buy property and high yield bonds and shares and live off the rent + dividends + interest?

At least that way when you pop off you can leave the wealth to family / Battersea dogs home.
                  why would a pensioner buy property and deal with the hassle of problem tenants
                  bonds and shares are all time high and may go pop
                  bank interest is pitiful 0.5 %
                  i checked on a website and it seems annuity provides 3.5% return which is not bad

Comment

Originally posted by Andy2 View Post
                    why would a pensioner buy property and deal with the hassle of problem tenants
                    bonds and shares are all time high and may go pop
                    bank interest is pitiful 0.5 %
                    i checked on a website and it seems annuity provides 3.5% return which is not bad
                    If an annuity works for you, then fine, hand over the hundreds of thousands of £££ and sit back and get 3.5% return until you die.

For me, I would be happy to manage property at 55 years old and bond and stock portfolio and let me family inherit the wealth I've accumulated. I reckon I can get nearer 5% return overall and possibly some capital gains too.

You might buy the annuity and die 2 years later and your family get nothing.

Comment

If an annuity works for you, then fine, hand over the hundreds of thousands of £££ and sit back and get 3.5% return until you die.

For me, I would be happy to manage property at 55 years old and bond and stock portfolio and let me family inherit the wealth I've accumulated. I reckon I can get nearer 5% return overall and possibly some capital gains too.

You might buy the annuity and die 2 years later and your family get nothing.
                      I assume you're keeping your capital (after tax free lump sum) within your pension pot? So your bonds/stocks are all part of the remaining pension capital?
                      I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Working...
                      X