ANTI-DOOM: Quick economic recovery could see Treasury delay tax rises plan ANTI-DOOM: Quick economic recovery could see Treasury delay tax rises plan
Posts 1 to 5 of 5

Godlike

ChimpMaster - scorchio!

Default ANTI-DOOM: Quick economic recovery could see Treasury delay tax rises plan

Rapid economic recovery next year could allow Rishi Sunak to delay tax rises until 2022 | Daily Mail Online

I can't imagine any government to be stupid enough to try and raise taxes when the entire country is down schitt creek without a paddle. But then again, we have possibly the stupidest government in my living memory.

My post count is Majestic

AtW is always on top

Yeah, like they’ll delay tax increases to be kicking in just before next elections.

They’ll put in quick and easy taxes on those with “broadest shoulders”, and pretend to delay taxes on the rest to look good

Super poster

_V_ - scorchio!

Ramp taxes to the moon now, slash them in the election year "biggest tax cuts ever!"
    I design idiot proof software. Trouble is, they keep making better idiots.

My post count is Majestic

AtW is always on top

Quote Originally Posted by _V_ View Post
    Ramp taxes to the moon now, slash them in the election year "biggest tax cuts ever!"
    Ramp up taxes on the “rich”, go into new election with the same promise of not touching VAT/income tax/NICs (employee)

They can always invent new taxes that will be levied from the same income base, just not call them “income tax”. say call it “Covid solidarity levy”

I live on CUK

Old Greg is always on top

Quote Originally Posted by AtW View Post
    Ramp up taxes on the “rich”, go into new election with the same promise of not touching VAT/income tax/NICs (employee)

They can always invent new taxes that will be levied from the same income base, just not call them “income tax”. say call it “Covid solidarity levy”
    One of these: