• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BOOM: Beavers

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BOOM: Beavers

"Beavers have built a dam on Exmoor for the first time in more than 400 years.

The rodents were released into the wild in Somerset in January this year as part of a National Trust project to restore streams and reduce flooding.

Beavers became extinct in the UK in the 16th Century due to hunting, but have been successfully reintroduced at a handful of sites in recent years.

The trust said the dam "might look modest, but [it] is incredibly special" and had "created an instant wetland".

Wildlife camera footage shows the beavers gnawing trees and collecting vegetation to build the dam at the Holnicote Estate near Minehead.

Their construction can allow for deep pools of water which offer animals shelter from predators and a place to store food."

Beavers build first Exmoor dam in 400 years - BBC News

Let's hope they are Covid proof...

His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Beavers Blow By Bulldogs 88-54 - Oregon State University Athletics

Comment

Not quite what I had in mind...
        His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Not a rude thread! Darn it.

PS Oh I see what Mordac meant.
          bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
          John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

This popped in my mind...

I need a drink

Comment

Working...
            X