DOOM: Labour To Abstain DOOM: Labour To Abstain - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Posts 11 to 20 of 39
  1. #11

    Double Godlike!

    Mordac is always on top

    Mordac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Civilisation-ish
    Posts
    10,741

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AtW View Post
    I can give you an example of a much better system - proportional representation where every vote actually counts. This is used around Europe and in most countries in the world, even in fake democracy regimes.

    There are pretty much only 2 major countries in the world that still use FPTP system - UK and USA and both are FUBARed because of it.
    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

  2. #12

    My post count is Majestic

    AtW is always on top

    AtW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    58,895

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LondonManc View Post
    Yet you've still chosen to be here.
    It was fate m8

    Not a bad one

  3. #13

    Double Godlike!

    LondonManc is a fount of knowledge


    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Work-life balance nirvana
    Posts
    12,295

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AtW View Post
    It was fate m8

    Not a bad one
    The last people's vote brought you Brexit. Be careful what you wish for.
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

  4. #14

    I live on CUK

    Old Greg is always on top

    Old Greg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    The Tombliboo Bush
    Posts
    28,675

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LondonManc View Post
    Can you give an example of a perfect government system?
    Then a decent reason why you've not f*cked off there yet please?
    Quote Originally Posted by LondonManc View Post
    Please stay out of this, the adults are talking.
    Classic cretin fare!

  5. #15

    My post count is Majestic

    SueEllen is always on top

    SueEllen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    in the Park
    Posts
    32,045

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LondonManc View Post
    Yet you've still chosen to be here.
    Do you have a problem with foreign-born people settling in the UK and pointing out, like some people born in the UK, there are issues with the parliamentary system? As you seem to.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

  6. #16

    My post count is Majestic

    SueEllen is always on top

    SueEllen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    in the Park
    Posts
    32,045

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AtW View Post
    I can give you an example of a much better system - proportional representation where every vote actually counts. This is used around Europe and in most countries in the world, even in fake democracy regimes.

    There are pretty much only 2 major countries in the world that still use FPTP system - UK and USA and both are FUBARed because of it.
    The USA federal system is more complex than the UK's parliamentary one.

    For the presidential elections they have the electoral college and each individual state decides how the votes are allocated.

    For the senate some states have runoffs e.g. Georgia.

    So their system isn't a true FPTP system.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

  7. #17

    My post count is Majestic

    AtW is always on top

    AtW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    58,895

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SueEllen View Post
    So their system isn't a true FPTP system.
    It’s inherently FPTP - in vast majority of states, and that’s ain’t changing there as too many vested interest in keeping it from both parties, at least UK got a chance upon rejoining EU to fix it

  8. #18

    More fingers than teeth

    darmstadt is always on top

    darmstadt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    The Eurozone
    Posts
    19,746

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SueEllen View Post
    Do you have a problem with foreign-born people settling in the UK and pointing out, like some people born in the UK, there are issues with the parliamentary system? As you seem to.
    What about a foreign born Prime Minister?
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

  9. #19

    Double Godlike!

    Mordac is always on top

    Mordac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Civilisation-ish
    Posts
    10,741

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AtW View Post
    It’s inherently FPTP - in vast majority of states, and that’s ain’t changing there as too many vested interest in keeping it from both parties, at least UK got a chance upon rejoining EU to fix it
    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

  10. #20

    My post count is Majestic

    AtW is always on top

    AtW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    58,895

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mordac View Post
    Plus Sterling will have to go. metric system everywhere and driving cars on the same side most of the world does - thanks Brexidiots!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •