• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

#metoo $$$

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by edison View Post
    I've worked at one of the UK's so called 'super major' charities and most of the people I saw in IT worked quite hard and were very dedicated, more so than the private sector.

If the allegations are true (and the charity's rebuttal is saying they aren't) then the MeToo charity isn't typical of a UK charity where around 60-75% of donations are spent on charitable activities.

People are quick to denounce charities for spending 'too much' money on salaries for staff, but whenever I challenge someone to state how much charity staff should be paid, they can never give a figure. If you want to employ good people in marketing, IT, finance, legal etc then you've got to pay half decent salaries. Most of them are still significantly lower than other types of organisations, even other public sector bodies. Fewer than 1% of charities employ a member of staff earning £60,000 or more.

It's straight forward to find out how much of a charity's income is going on charitable activities, donors can take their money elsewhere if they aren't happy.
    Charity pay study 2019: Who are the highest earners? | Third Sector

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Working...
    X