• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

#metoo $$$

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

#metoo $$$

#metoo $$$ Loads of money

Time's Up charities set up by celebrities as part of Me Too movement spent $1.4m on salaries including $157k on conferences at luxury resorts
    Tax filings reveal Times' Up organization raised $3,670,219 in 2018 in its first year of operation but spent $1,407,032 on salaries and $312,001 on helping victims
    Documents reveal the organization spent more than $157,000 on a luxury retreat
    Almost $1m was spend on legal costs and $288,000 on advertising
    A separate Legal Defense Fund claims to have helped '3,000 women' during the first six months of 2018 at a cost of $1.7m using money coming from donations
    But most of the fund money came from grants made to the Women's Law Center, while just $132,575 came from the Time's Up Foundation
    Time's Up Now, the charity's lobbying end, handed over $179,426 to the fund
    Time's Up organization raised $3.6m in 2018 but most of the cash went on salaries not victims | Daily Mail Online
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

How should the money be spent? How would it benefit victims?
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Sounds like just about every charity to me

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post

Exactly having contracted for one of the most famous charities in the UK, I can confirm that's correct. Was on my best daily rate ever with tons of other contractors, doing hardly anything and the work that was done was then reversed due to political internal fighting

Comment

Sadly true. At least this one didn't rape helpless African children
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

once I rejected a contract offer from a charity for 400 a day.
            it didn't seem right taking money from charity.

Comment

Originally posted by Andy2 View Post
              That was your ploy to make them offer £450 at which point you snapped their hand off. Well played sir.
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I hope you told them that they're the charity, not you.

Comment

AYCOTBAC?
                  The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

I've worked at one of the UK's so called 'super major' charities and most of the people I saw in IT worked quite hard and were very dedicated, more so than the private sector.

If the allegations are true (and the charity's rebuttal is saying they aren't) then the MeToo charity isn't typical of a UK charity where around 60-75% of donations are spent on charitable activities.

People are quick to denounce charities for spending 'too much' money on salaries for staff, but whenever I challenge someone to state how much charity staff should be paid, they can never give a figure. If you want to employ good people in marketing, IT, finance, legal etc then you've got to pay half decent salaries. Most of them are still significantly lower than other types of organisations, even other public sector bodies. Fewer than 1% of charities employ a member of staff earning £60,000 or more.

It's straight forward to find out how much of a charity's income is going on charitable activities, donors can take their money elsewhere if they aren't happy.

Comment

Working...
                    X