• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Should I get a Colour Laser Printer?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by edison View Post
    I might have to try that - I normally only do strategy not infrastructure LOL
    I've found it is my windoze devices that cause all the issues.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

I bought a Samsung colour laser printer 6 years ago. Still going strong, does its job very well. No issues replacing the toner with a compatible toner and these things last a long time. Has wireless connectivity and works flawlessly. I would never go back to Inkjet, so many issues.
      Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
        I bought a Samsung colour laser printer 6 years ago. Still going strong, does its job very well. No issues replacing the toner with a compatible toner and these things last a long time. Has wireless connectivity and works flawlessly. I would never go back to Inkjet, so many issues.
        Rare case (on here) of correct usage of word its

Comment

Over 12 yrs ago BGG got a A3 colour laser from Oki, still going strong & no issues

I had a little inkjet that would dry out inside of a week, laser is the way to go,
          as it stands the Oki has cost less than £200 a year, been using off brand toners from stinky ink, at a reasonable price
          Growing old is mandatory
          Growing up is optional

Comment

Originally posted by Halo Jones View Post
            Over 12 yrs ago BGG got a A3 colour laser from Oki, still going strong & no issues

I had a little inkjet that would dry out inside of a week, laser is the way to go,
            as it stands the Oki has cost less than £200 a year, been using off brand toners from stinky ink, at a reasonable price
            The cheaper inkjet printers have the head built in the ink cartridge; they will always dry out. The more expensive inkjets have a separate head. The printer with wakeup every so often and clean the head to prevent drying out and blocking.

I have various B&W laser printers plus refillable non-chip inkjet printer/s. The inkjet is by far the cheapest to run and makes a big difference when printing out massive bundles of documents of 1k to 2k pages.
            "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by hairymouse View Post
              Yes, I saw this posted months ago and came very close to buying it. It was just a bit too big and the wife was complaining so I skipped it thinking another deal would come along soon. Little did I know a zombie apocalypse would come instead and printer prices would go through the roof.
              Just checked and they paid out £100 (not the £75 I thought was due, apparently more cashback for some models) back in April. So £75 for a colour laser with set of toners. [mods: change for smug one if exists, ta]

No sign of any promo deals in that section on their website when I logged into 'my account' to see if anything mentioned there (there wasn't). Maybe in the January sales.
              Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Working...
              X