• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Simon Dolan's Twatter feed

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    "Won’t be long now. They are coming for us"

https://twitter.com/simondolan/statu...374062592?s=20

https://youtu.be/XCc9IJD9uQw
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
      Is Dolan Accounts still a thing?
      And Contractor Umbrella, which I trust will also not aid and abet totalitarianism.

https://www.contractorumbrella.com/meet-the-team/

Comment

I wonder if he's on Gab Wimkin too? There's some right infractioning nutters there

Sent from my 5g carrier pigeon
        Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Mods should be giving heavy infractions for sigs like "posted by blah blah", like the ones darmy uses - sig is longer than his posts usually and that just looks like spam.

Comment

22 hours ago ....

This is my last post on Twitter.

If we continue to use this platform we are aiding and abetting the totalitarianism.

If we stop using it , it will die. Let’s start that process now

See you on Parler - simondolan
            3 hours ago

Am now over on Gab Social

Simondolan

See you there. Interface is nicer than Parler
            Ooh the irony that he's having to use Twitter to tell people he's on other platforms, because no one should use Twitter now

These guys are entertaining
            I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
              Mods should be giving heavy infractions for sigs like "posted by blah blah", like the ones darmy uses - sig is longer than his posts usually and that just looks like spam.
              Mods should be giving heavy infractions to people who just post 'cut and paste' articles from newspapers, like AtW, as they look bots just spamming
              Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                Mods should be giving heavy infractions to people who just post 'cut and paste' articles from newspapers, like AtW, as they look bots just spamming
                AtW links to The Torygraph and I don't have a subscription to that but want to read the article.

Plus of posters didn't cut and paste random stories this forum would be completely dead. It's not like those of us in the UK can go out to visit people, go on holiday, go on wild nights out and do the other fun things we did in 2019....
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                  AtW links to The Torygraph and I don't have a subscription to that but want to read the article.

Plus of posters didn't cut and paste random stories this forum would be completely dead. It's not like those of us in the UK can go out to visit people, go on holiday, go on wild nights out and do the other fun things we did in 2019....
                  If you say so, here's a random one for you:

Malaysia Prime Minister Muhyiddin Yassin is on the brink of losing his majority in Parliament after an Umno lawmaker announced he was withdrawing support for the administration.This leaves the Perikatan Nasional government with command of just half of Malaysia's lower house.
                  Datuk Ahmad Jazlan Yaakub, the MP for Machang ward in Kelantan, announced he was withdrawing support for Tan Sri Muhyiddin on Saturday (Jan 9), mere days after he quit as chairman of the Malaysian Palm Oil Board (MPOB).
                  "I announce my withdrawal from supporting the Perikatan Nasional government led by Prime Minister Muhyiddin Yassin," Mr Ahmad Jazlan reportedly said during a surprise press conference on Saturday.
                  His withdrawal means that PN effectively has only 110 lawmakers backing its administration in the 220-member Parliament, and it no longer has the majority to pass legislation without obtaining support from the opposition bench.
                  Mr Ahmad Jazlan's decision comes days after several Umno leaders indicated that the party is set to withdraw its support for Mr Muhyiddin, which would lead to a collapse of the government.

Though not part of the PN coalition, which comprises Parti Pribumi Bersatu Malaysia (Bersatu), Islamist party Parti Islam SeMalaysia (PAS) and Sabah’s Parti Solidariti Tanah Airku, Umno's support for the government is vital, with its 38 MPs - the most among all the governing parties - boosting PN's presence in Parliament. Nonetheless, the party has threatened multiple times to withdraw support for PN.
                  Another Umno lawmaker, elder statesman Tengku Razaleigh Tengku Hamzah, has termed Mr Muhyiddin's government as "illegitimate" and did not support the latter's first federal budget, passed in December last year with only a two-vote majority. Tan Sri Tengku Razaleigh was also one of many lawmakers who tried, unsuccessfully, to get a no-confidence motion against Mr Muhyiddin debated in Parliament.
                  Two-thirds of Umno's divisions resolved to cut ties with Bersatu - Mr Muhyiddin's party - last week. The divisions' resolutions will be brought to an Umno general assembly scheduled for Jan 31, where a final decision is expected to be made on Umno's continued support for the government.
                  Umno president Ahmad Zahid Hamidi revealed on Saturday that the party's top decision-making body - the supreme council - has also supported the motion to cut ties with Bersatu, and the matter will now be put before the party delegates during the upcoming general assembly.
                  But internal conflicts remain. Mr Annuar Musa, an Umno MP who remains supportive of the PN administration and has consistently called for greater cooperation between Umno and Bersatu, was removed by Ahmad Zahid as Barisan Nasional's secretary-general on Tuesday.
                  In return, Mr Annuar claimed the following day that Ahmad Zahid had previously issued a letter stating support for opposition leader Anwar Ibrahim to become Malaysia's next PM.
                  Datuk Seri Anwar claimed parliamentary majority in September last year, but never publicly disclosed the MPs who supported him. Though he was granted an audience with Malaysia's King, Sultan Abdullah Ahmad Shah, he has so far failed to convince the monarch of his majority claim.
                  Mr Muhyiddin's PN coalition - has 50 seats in Malaysia's Parliament. The Barisan Nasional coalition, which is led by Umno, has 42 seats. The rest of the government's backing comes from a coalition of Sarawak parties - Gabungan Parti Sarawak (GPS), one independent MP and another MP from Sabah.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

AtW links to The Torygraph and I don't have a subscription to that but want to read the article. ..
                    Haven't tried it, but apparently if you press ESC while a paid Torygraph page is loading it lets you read the whole page!
                    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                      Haven't tried it, but apparently if you press ESC while a paid Torygraph page is loading it lets you read the whole page!
                      Just disable JavaScript on their domain.

Comment

Working...
                      X