• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Admin charge

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Admin charge

Agency sent me an email saying they are going to charge me a twenty quid 'administration charge' for the use of their mandatory IR35 check. What a cheek!

Just signed an extension with them, too, where the client's HMRC inputs showed I'm outside. I'm in the wrong game...

Originally posted by InfrastructureGuy View Post
    Agency sent me an email saying they are going to charge me a twenty quid 'administration charge' for the use of their mandatory IR35 check. What a cheek!

Just signed an extension with them, too, where the client's HMRC inputs showed I'm outside. I'm in the wrong game...

Get your employer to pay it.
    First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

We need a QC Opinion on this one

Comment

You inside fool

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

I’d be concerned about a lot of things, but not a £20 charge if it covers insurance that you will be seen as outside by HMRC after April. Of course, you could lie and get the client to claim you’re outside, but you’d need to make sure there was nothing that implied you were working full time for someone.
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Aye, it's the Mod charge you should be worried about...

Comment

Ask a detailed specification what they've done for that money and what made them decide to do it in the first place without your permission, especially if the end client already told you it's outside

Comment

Ask them where in your contract's T&C's are they allowed to charge you for it?
                merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Admin normally charges a fiver or three times for a tenner.

Comment

Working...
                  X