• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The UK has become the first country in the world to approve the Pfizer/BioNTech jab

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
    You seem to lack the ability to think reasonably. I didnt imply that this was poison that they are injecting! Its a slow killer, designed to act in such a way that the government can claim that its nothing to do with the vaccine and that people are dying of natural causes.

Once you have had the vaccine, you cannot reverse it. Its like a death sentence with no pardon available. You will be the first on here moaning that you werent sufficiently warned like a bloody entitled snowflake.
    I always find it funny when the conspiracy theorists talk about 'they' trying to control/kill the masses. Each country thinks it's their leaders who are part of the conspiracy. Now, I'm willing to believe that some countries have competent leaders who could organise a piss up in a brewery, but I'm pretty sure ours isn't one of them. And to get all/most country leaders around the globe to take part in the 'they' who are doing this ... hilarious.

Always a good read though so please, do keep posting
    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
      Damn, I was wrong all along. I thought that it was going to be with nanotechnology which is activated by 5g and Bill Gates has developed a cross platform app to track you with
      Isn't it interesting that about 10 or so years ago there was talk of having an RFID chip implanted in the hand to allow us to hold info about us that could make our lives easier - open security doors at work, log on to computer, access to bank details etc etc. Tech early adopters were excited by this (probably the same people who buy the latest Apple phone or PS5). Now, suddenly, having a chip inserted is the work of the devil

Same tech, different narrative. Isn't mass hysteria interesting

Comment

Originally posted by _V_ View Post
        Dying for a pint eh?
        I rarely leave the house these days due to wife's health, so to be honest none of this is currently impacting me. This second lockdown passed us by As a healthy (apart from asthma) fit, athletic person I'm far from first in the queue ... but I'm happy for others to get on there early to make sure it's safe before it's my go

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
          Do it proper old school:
          And back to Iron Maiden for a second time in the same thread

Comment

Originally posted by GregRickshaw View Post

I am not so sure I am going to be a pioneer or early adapter.
            I don't think a vaccine can help you

Comment

I think for the majority of the UK population a free MaccyD meal would swing it.
              Where do I sign up?

Comment

Is it so hard for people to understand the difference?

The UK has approved mRNA vaccine, this isn't your grandad's vaccine technology. It invades your own cells, a tricks them to produce the virus spike and your own immune system attacks and kills your own cells.

This is uncharted stuff in humans. Normally something as radical and new as this approach would need a 10 year study.
                Agreed.

Not for me thanks.

Not in a high risk category and if I did have the vaccines, as has already been said, no guarantee I do not pass it on to someone else? more vulnerable. I can see it now, soon as someone has had the vaccine they go about there business not giving a s### about anyone else. Spreading the virus even more.

Also what about pregnant women/ cancer survivors / Auto immune?? How can they have the vaccine.

I think the world is stuck in the denial phase of grief about Covid. It is here to stay.

Comment

Originally posted by mallisarealperson View Post
                  Also what about pregnant women/ cancer survivors / Auto immune?? How can they have the vaccine..
                  They can have vaccine after they give birth.

Cancer survivors might not need it as long as those who can get vaccine do so - with 95% efficacy (whuch implies neutralising anti bodies that can stop transmission of virus to others) we might need just 50% vaccinated to get enough herd immunity to stop pandemic - measles is even more infectious than Sars2, so it’s possible to beat it.

As long as anti-vaxxer cretins are held on check

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                    They can have vaccine after they give birth.

Cancer survivors might not need it as long as those who can get vaccine do so - with 95% efficacy (whuch implies neutralising anti bodies that can stop transmission of virus to others) we might need just 50% vaccinated to get enough herd immunity to stop pandemic - measles is even more infectious than Sars2, so it’s possible to beat it.

As long as anti-vaxxer cretins are held on check
                    https://www.analyticsinsight.net/wha...inical-trials/

While most of the vaccine trials are focused on number of people getting sick (Pfizer), they don’t say much about the asymptomatic COVID-19 cases. So, even with 95% efficacy, there is no absolute guarantee of protection for any particular individual. Thus, the fear of transmission still remains. Till now only, AstraZeneca has showed signed of preventing virus transmission.

Comment

Reducing severe cases of Covid is a massive win - even if transmission can’t be stopped, this is very good result from v1 of vaccine.

The only thing that we don’t know (apart from long term safety) is how long 95% efficacy lasts - it’s entirely possible efficacy drops to 50% in a year, still if severe cases massively reduced then it’s a win.

We need it otherwise there won’t be economy left in 12 months of this tulip.

Comment

Working...
                      X