• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The UK has become the first country in the world to approve the Pfizer/BioNTech jab

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    The real crunch point will be when first people who got vaccinated die - since the targeted group is oldest ages first (plus Nhs staff who are younger). then very likely we’ll have endless reports of deaths soon after vaccinations - expect scumbag anti-vaxxers to take full advantage of that.

A better approach would have been to put anti-vaxxers into the first line
    The very vulnerable
    ironically aren't really able to take this particular vaccine as it can put them at risk. Some of them anyway, a lady I know said she'd been advised (by the NHS not Youtube) the Oxford one was safe for her but not the Pfizer.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Reducing severe cases of Covid is a massive win - even if transmission can’t be stopped, this is very good result from v1 of vaccine.

The only thing that we don’t know (apart from long term safety) is how long 95% efficacy lasts - it’s entirely possible efficacy drops to 50% in a year, still if severe cases massively reduced then it’s a win.

We need it otherwise there won’t be economy left in 12 months of this tulip.
      I guess they'll be able to monitor that - this is a fairly standard thing and we might see outbreaks again in future but they should be limited and easily controllable as long as the vaccines remain effective.
      Nobody knows yet if this will be an annual jab, or if we might quash the pandemic to the extent it's not really needed.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

The biggest group that’s the problem are those who don’t want to take any vaccine due to anti-vaxxer lies, that’s the real problem not edge cases of people who will be protected if 80% of the rest take vaccine

Comment

Originally posted by mallisarealperson View Post
          Agreed.

Not for me thanks.

Not in a high risk category and if I did have the vaccines, as has already been said, no guarantee I do not pass it on to someone else? more vulnerable. I can see it now, soon as someone has had the vaccine they go about there business not giving a s### about anyone else. Spreading the virus even more.

Also what about pregnant women/ cancer survivors / Auto immune?? How can they have the vaccine.

I think the world is stuck in the denial phase of grief about Covid. It is here to stay.
          Your are obviously totally ignorant about medical matters yet you believe you know better than qualified medics and chemists with decades of experience. Conversely, you would no doubt criticize IT illiterate people making stupid suggestions about IT projects and infrastructure designed by IT experts. Respect other peoples professions and expertise.
          "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
            Your are obviously totally ignorant about medical matters yet you believe you know better than qualified medics and chemists with decades of experience. Conversely, you would no doubt criticize IT illiterate people making stupid suggestions about IT projects and infrastructure designed by IT experts. Respect other peoples professions and expertise.
            Wow Just my own opinion.

Chill the hell out.

I forget a discussion forum is not a discussion forum anymore.

I have every respect for health professionals. Never said I did not.

Comment

Wow Just my own opinion.
              What the fook made you think that you can even have an opinion on this subject?

Comment

What the fook made you think that you can even have an opinion on this subject?
                Because I don't live in China.

Comment

Because I don't live in China.
                  That’s not good enough reason

Strong background in viral medicine or at the very least maths (probabilities, graphs theory etc) might have been ok bu I doubt you got either so STFU with your “Earth is flat” opinion and take your vaccine like a good boy, or else.
                  Last edited by AtW; 2 December 2020, 14:14.

Comment

That’s not good enough reason

Strong background in viral medicine or at the very least maths (probabilities, graphs theory etc) might have been ok bu I doubt you got either so STFU with your “Earth is flat” opinion and take your vaccine like a good job, or else.
                    Think you might have already had the vaccine.

Comment

Think you might have already had the vaccine.
                      Yes, it’s also called good education

Comment

Working...
                      X