• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The UK has become the first country in the world to approve the Pfizer/BioNTech jab

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Not even in Trump America FDA rolled over in election year
    Originally posted by saptastic View Post
    COVID news live – latest UK updates: 'The UK did not do it as carefully' - Dr Anthony Fauci criticises Pfizer vaccine approval | UK News | Sky News

'The UK did not do it as carefully' - Dr Anthony Fauci criticises Pfizer vaccine approval

We all know it is B***** that got us to the finishing post first. Hancock told us so must be right.
    I suspect that the vaccine is probably fine but where exactly would it leave the government if both the FDA and the EMA don't approve it citing irregularities or some such other? What would happen if there are side effects and who would be to blame, the MHRA, the government, Biontech/Pfizer?
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Our medical experts are the best in the world, they have our safety and health as number one priority. Give me this mRNA vaccine now before the Germans get it first and beat me to Benidorm next spring!
      First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Originally posted by _V_ View Post
        Our medical experts are the best in the world, they have our safety and health as number one priority. Give me this mRNA vaccine now before the Germans get it first and beat me to Benidorm next spring!
        So says Gavin Williamson, pity he can't say that about his own department:

I just reckon we’ve got the very best people in this country and we’ve obviously got the best medical regulator, much better than the French have, much better than the Belgians have, much better than the Americans have. That doesn’t surprise me at because we’re a much better country than every single one of them.
        Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

This should get some people annoyed:

The ink is still fresh on the British government’s stamp of approval for the rollout of the Pfizer Covid-19 vaccine, but in India travel agents are already fielding requests from customers who want to travel to the UK to get vaccinated.

Even though foreigners are unlikely to have early access to the vaccination in the UK, regardless of age or profession, that has not stopped some Indian travel agents making plans for a possible surge in vaccine tourism to the UK in 2021.

One travel agent told Press Trust India that he was planning on arranging a three-night package to the UK for Indians who want to take advantage of the government vaccine rollout, which could start as early as next week. It is unknown if and when the vaccine would be available privately in the UK.

Another travel agent in Mumbai said after the announcement of approval for the Pfizer/ BioNTech vaccine, he had received multiple queries from Indians with UK visas on how and when they might be able to travel to the UK.

They were also seeking clarification whether travellers from India coming solely for a vaccination could be exempt from the two week quarantine. “I have told them it is too early to say,” he said.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
            I suspect that the vaccine is probably fine but where exactly would it leave the government if both the FDA and the EMA don't approve it citing irregularities or some such other? What would happen if there are side effects and who would be to blame, the MHRA, the government, Biontech/Pfizer?
            That's why very old people are having it first.

Any serious side effects from vaccines happen soon after they are injected.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

I'm more interested to know long term side-effects. This is the first ever mRNA based treatment to be approved for use on humans ever. There is no long term data on safety at all.

There are some questions around whether this could cause an increase in auto-immune diseases for some people.

Examples would be Rheumatoid arthritis, Lupus, IBD, MS, Type 1 Diabetes, Graves' disease.

This is uncharted territory for this type of vaccine. No wonder the EU and USA are taking longer to consider the risks before approval.
              First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Originally posted by _V_ View Post
                I'm more interested to know long term side-effects. This is the first ever mRNA based treatment to be approved for use on humans ever. There is no long term data on safety at all.

There are some questions around whether this could cause an increase in auto-immune diseases for some people.

Examples would be Rheumatoid arthritis, Lupus, IBD, MS, Type 1 Diabetes, Graves' disease.

This is uncharted territory for this type of vaccine. No wonder the EU and USA are taking longer to consider the risks before approval.
                Damm it. Where is Atw to give everyone a verbal kicking like I got yesterday. We are not supposed to have an opinion

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

And they can all be chalked up to old age ...

Comment

Originally posted by mallisarealperson View Post
                    Where is Atw to give everyone a verbal kicking like I got yesterday. We are not supposed to have an opinion
                    You loved it since you've came back for more, bitch

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                      You loved it since you've came back for more, bitch
                      Bend over, is that how the virus is administered

Comment

Working...
                      X