• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The UK has become the first country in the world to approve the Pfizer/BioNTech jab

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by _V_ View Post
    I'm more interested to know long term side-effects. This is the first ever mRNA based treatment to be approved for use on humans ever. There is no long term data on safety at all.

There are some questions around whether this could cause an increase in auto-immune diseases for some people.

Examples would be Rheumatoid arthritis, Lupus, IBD, MS, Type 1 Diabetes, Graves' disease.

This is uncharted territory for this type of vaccine. No wonder the EU and USA are taking longer to consider the risks before approval.
    Thankfully we were able to make a sovereign decision. Not only to we hold all the cards but all the PI sheets too.

Comment

Originally posted by mallisarealperson View Post
      Damm it. Where is Atw to give everyone a verbal kicking like I got yesterday. We are not supposed to have an opinion
      AtW is our resident putin

Comment

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=..._qWhFv_oADZFCw

4.5 Interaction with other medicinal products and other forms of interaction
        No interaction studies have been performed.
        Pregnancy
        There are no or limited amount of data from the use of COVID-19 mRNA Vaccine BNT162b2.
        Animal reproductive toxicity studies have not been completed. COVID-19 mRNA Vaccine
        BNT162b2 is not recommended during pregnancy.
        For women of childbearing age, pregnancy should be excluded before vaccination. In addition, women
        of childbearing age should be advised to avoid pregnancy for at least 2 months after their second dose.

Breast-feeding
        It is unknown whether COVID-19 mRNA Vaccine BNT162b2 is excreted in human milk. A risk to
        the newborns/infants cannot be excluded. COVID-19 mRNA Vaccine BNT162b2 should not be used
        during breast-feeding.

Fertility
        It is unknown whether COVID-19 mRNA Vaccine BNT162b2 has an impact on fertility.
        Just so you know to make an informed and balanced decision.
        First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Originally posted by _V_ View Post
          https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=..._qWhFv_oADZFCw

Just so you know to make an informed and balanced decision.
          Relax, it’s Beta 2 version now

Comment

I'll wait to see if some of you lot drop dead before I try it.
            bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
            John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
              How would you know if somebody actually di

Comment

So is the rest of the world
                Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                Sent from my 5g carrier pigeon
                Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Mate of mine on FB made a 'funny' comment ... it was about trust in the Tory government, untried vaccine, risks like the Swine Flu vaccine a few years ago etc etc. We don't know the impact of the vaccine (even though it was tested in 43000 people) or what is actually in the vaccine.

What's funny is during his 20's and 30's he was ripped to the tits on all manner of drugs bought from any old stranger in a club or street. He also used to buy rolly 'baccie from a bloke in the street and we all know the crap that goes into fake/cheap 'baccie.

So, on the one hand he's not trusting of a drug made by an independent company, tested on 43000 humans, and being reviewed by almost every major world nation, but he'll trust some bloke down the pub to provide him with a tab that contains god knows what

He's one of my best mates so I'll be picking him up on this when I next have a chance to see him over a beer
                  I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                    How would you know if somebody actually di
                    If only.
                    Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Seems to be a lot of willy waving going on, will probably all end in tears: Moscow delivers Russia's Sputnik V coronavirus vaccine to clinics | Russia | The Guardian
                      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Working...
                      X