• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What's in your Christmas Tree?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's in your Christmas Tree?

Worth clicking in the linky to look at the pics. Very cute

Family in South Australia find live koala in their Christmas tree | Environment | The Guardian

The McCormicks went for a silver, pink and blue theme on their Christmas tree. The old plastic leaves were worn but looked beautiful with baubles on each branch and twinkling lights.

But this year the family tree included one very unexpected ornament: a wild – and somewhat confused – juvenile koala.

On Wednesday, 16-year-old Taylah was the last to leave the family home in Coromandel Valley, Adelaide around 3pm.

She made sure the dog was outside, closed the back doors and turned off all the lights.

When the whole family arrived back around 6pm, something was odd.

“I think the dog went straight to the Christmas tree and was sniffing around and Mum thought that was a bit weird,” Taylah said.

“There was baubles all over the floor … and she looked up and there was a koala in the tree.

“It was pretty tangled up in the lights. It was a fake tree and very old but she still tried eating the leaves off it … I saw her munch down on some but she stopped when she realised it was plastic.”

Taylah’s mother, Amanda McCormick, said she was in shock.
    Last edited by SueEllen; 3 December 2020, 07:53.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

So their Christmas tree is going to kill the local wildlife that tries to eat the leaves.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
      Worth clicking in the linky to look at the pics. Very cute

Family in South Australia find live koala in their Christmas tree | Environment | The Guardian

The McCormicks went for a silver, pink and blue theme on their Christmas tree. The old plastic leaves were worn but looked beautiful with baubles on each branch and twinkling lights.

But this year the family tree included one very unexpected ornament: a wild – and somewhat confused – juvenile koala.

On Wednesday, 16-year-old Taylah was the last to leave the family home in Coromandel Valley, Adelaide around 3pm.

She made sure the dog was outside, closed the back doors and turned off all the lights.

When the whole family arrived back around 6pm, something was odd.

“I think the dog went straight to the Christmas tree and was sniffing around and Mum thought that was a bit weird,” Taylah said.

“There was baubles all over the floor … and she looked up and there was a koala in the tree.

“It was pretty tangled up in the lights. It was a fake tree and very old but she still tried eating the leaves off it … I saw her munch down on some but she stopped when she realised it was plastic.”

Taylah’s mother, Amanda McCormick, said she was in shock.
      Very cute. Nice happy ending
      I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Working...
      X