• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

easyjet charge for overhead lockers

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    I'm glad they're doing this. Yes, they're doing it for money - but more likely it's the cost of delays rather than try to gouge more out of customers.
    I suspect it won't stop delays. The cabin crew will have to go through the lockers before take off and remove those bags that are supposed to be under seats.

Comment

Stopped flying Easyjet long ago after being forced to stuff a handbag into another hand luggage. I only fly British Airways, it is worth paying a bit more just to go through the journey without hassles. I just hate the budget airlines being very tight fisted about every thing.
      Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Originally posted by Paralytic View Post
        I suspect it won't stop delays. The cabin crew will have to go through the lockers before take off and remove those bags that are supposed to be under seats.
        Doubt it.

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
        Stopped flying Easyjet long ago after being forced to stuff a handbag into another hand luggage. I only fly British Airways, it is worth paying a bit more just to go through the journey without hassles. I just hate the budget airlines being very tight fisted about every thing.
        So you pay more to go B.A., when paying a bit more with EasyJet would also resolve the issue.

Yep - that makes good fiscal sense.
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
          I fly BA when price isn't too much more of course but sometimes its 300 vs 60 and it's hard to justify that you get 5 times the value flying BA.

Comment

My rule of thumb is under 2.30 hours - cheapest possible. 2.30 - 5 hours Business. 5 hours plus First.

I have had no desire to fly BA since Alex Cruise joined & turned it into Click Air and only use it to US/Caribbean in preference to US carriers. Even before Alex rocked up from Vueling BA was leagues behind. Easyjet is a better Y proposition than BA short haul & long haul the Asian & ME carriers.

The hand baggage charge is perfectly acceptable (and it is actually Wizz' s model not Ryanair). It is still going to cost you more to travel to the airport 90% of the time.

The only reason to fly BA is if clientco is paying & you believe Avios have some worth. Even the Concorde lounge is shabby. Compared to the Thai Royal First lounge in BKK as a flagship lounge for a flag carrying airline it is a joke.

In fact the C product on any carrier within Europe.
            Last edited by clearedforlanding; 3 December 2020, 14:17.

Comment

Originally posted by clearedforlanding View Post
              My rule of thumb is under 2.30 hours - cheapest possible. 2.30 - 5 hours Business. 5 hours plus First.

I have had no desire to fly BA since Alex Cruise joined & turned it into Click Air and only use it to US/Caribbean in preference to US carriers. Even before Alex rocked up from Vueling BA was leagues behind. Easyjet is a better Y proposition than BA short haul & long haul the Asian & ME carriers.

The hand baggage charge is perfectly acceptable (and it is actually Wizz' s model not Ryanair). It is still going to cost you more to travel to the airport 90% of the time.

The only reason to fly BA is if clientco is paying & you believe Avios have some worth. Even the Concorde lounge is shabby. Compared to the Thai Royal First lounge in BKK as a flagship lounge for a flag carrying airline it is a joke.

In fact the C product on any carrier within Europe.
              What do you do if it's exactly 5 hours?

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                What do you do if it's exactly 5 hours?
                And what if the flight was due to take 4 hours 50 but ends up in a holding pattern over Heathrow for more than 10 minutes. I assume you self-upgrade to First?

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                  I'm glad they're doing this. Yes, they're doing it for money - but more likely it's the cost of delays rather than try to gouge more out of customers.
                  I actually think what easyjet need isn't to charge more - passengers should be made to pass a test during which they need to deposit and retrieve their overhead luggage without delaying other people boarding / leaving the plane.

Only if they pass the test should they be allowed to use an overhead locker.
                  merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by Paralytic View Post
                    And what if the flight was due to take 4 hours 50 but ends up in a holding pattern over Heathrow for more than 10 minutes. I assume you self-upgrade to First?
                    When flying into LHR I will always factor the holding pattern in and tell my kids they will not see me for a while. :P

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                      I actually think what easyjet need isn't to charge more - passengers should be made to pass a test during which they need to deposit and retrieve their overhead luggage without delaying other people boarding / leaving the plane.

Only if they pass the test should they be allowed to use an overhead locker.
                      Charging for cabin lockers is very similar to a McDonald's server asking you if you "would like fries with that"? Unlike carrying you, the profit margins are huge. Before COVID`Easyjet's profit margin was a little higher than 3.5%. Most of this is ancillary revenue, & baggage is over 90 profit - like that extra Coke & fries.

Comment

Working...
                      X