• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

easyjet charge for overhead lockers

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    What do you do if it's exactly 5 hours?
    Fizzness.

Comment

Originally posted by clearedforlanding View Post
      My rule of thumb is under 2.30 hours - cheapest possible. 2.30 - 5 hours Business. 5 hours plus First.

I have had no desire to fly BA since Alex Cruise joined & turned it into Click Air and only use it to US/Caribbean in preference to US carriers. Even before Alex rocked up from Vueling BA was leagues behind. Easyjet is a better Y proposition than BA short haul & long haul the Asian & ME carriers.

The hand baggage charge is perfectly acceptable (and it is actually Wizz' s model not Ryanair). It is still going to cost you more to travel to the airport 90% of the time.

The only reason to fly BA is if clientco is paying & you believe Avios have some worth. Even the Concorde lounge is shabby. Compared to the Thai Royal First lounge in BKK as a flagship lounge for a flag carrying airline it is a joke.

In fact the C product on any carrier within Europe.
      Cruz left in October. It may be safe to return...

British Airways Boss Quits As New CEO Shakes Up IAG

That said, I only do short haul with BA and long haul is with better quality carriers (Cathay Pacific, Eva, Singapore, SWISS, etc). I don't/won't go to the US so I'm unlikely to ever fly with Virgin or a US carrier.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
        Cruz left in October. It may be safe to return...

British Airways Boss Quits As New CEO Shakes Up IAG

That said, I only do short haul with BA and long haul is with better quality carriers (Cathay Pacific, Eva, Singapore, SWISS, etc). I don't/won't go to the US so I'm unlikely to ever fly with Virgin or a US carrier.
        I know. I have the misfortune of having known him for years (something something Click Air were a client). The damage he did to BA will never be undone.

Unless you spend more time in the Caribbean.

Comment

Originally posted by clearedforlanding View Post
          I know. I have the misfortune of having known him for years (something something Click Air were a client). The damage he did to BA will never be undone.

Unless you spend more time in the Caribbean.
          Virgin Upper was great when I went to Cuba about 4 or 5 years ago.

South America and the Caribbean are on the to-do list but I just find going east more interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by _V_ View Post
            Contactless payment reader on the toilet door. €1 to gain access.

Got to be next?

Nah, they're letting you take a carrier bag for under the seat for a reason and you've just guessed it. One tulip to Amsterdam.
            Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

I wish they would seal the things!

Charge for them?! I wish they would seal the things or get rid of them.

They cause utter chaos, confusion and anger. I mean what the hell do you need them for? Baggage collection at most modern airports is fast, your laptop and stuff can go is a soft bag under your seat, no bother. Other than medication or a few electronic bits you don't need a gigantic carry on bag, stick it in the hold. Then everyone can take their seats and the plane can get going.

And.. it means no sod is jumping up and down every five minutes to find that all important coloured crayon!

If you're on short haul read a magazine, if you're on long haul you're going to be taken care of

Comment

Question is: How long until "regular" airlines will follow? BA followed Easyjet with charging for luggage and food and reduce the amount of Avios you get. I suppose soon they will also have a under your seat bag category with zero avios.

Comment

Next they'll start weighing customers and charging per KG.

I really hoped airlines like Easyjet and Ryanair would go to the wall during the pandemic, ushering in a new breed of airlines that actually fight for your custom by offering more comforts and inclusive stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by GregRickshaw View Post

They cause utter chaos, confusion and anger. I mean what the hell do you need them for? Baggage collection at most modern airports is fast, your laptop and stuff can go is a soft bag under your seat, no bother. Other than medication or a few electronic bits you don't need a gigantic carry on bag, stick it in the hold. Then everyone can take their seats and the plane can get going.

And.. it means no sod is jumping up and down every five minutes to find that all important coloured crayon!

If you're on short haul read a magazine, if you're on long haul you're going to be taken care of
                    Other than for front row and emergency exit seats, which cannot stow bags under the seat in front, that's a decent suggestion. By only catering for those and a couple of edge cases (maybe a medical angle, for example, where additional kit needs to be brought on board), that would reduce the faff in the cabin.

I seem to recall that the move to hand luggage only travel started with the rise of the low cost carriers who were charging for hold baggage.

Comment

Originally posted by GregRickshaw View Post

This all started with airlines charging for checked in baggage and allowing one free hand luggage. Everyone resorted to buying as big a hand luggage as possible and stuffing their entire holiday ward robe in it. This has resulted in the irritable and inevitable jostling for over head luggage space, fighting to get space just above their head, annoyed that when you come to your seat the overhead lockers are already full!, some peeps smuggling multiple pieces, most people standing in the middle of the aisle spending an hour to stuff their gigantic luggage into a tiny space and creating a massive queue behind them
                      Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Working...
                      X