• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

easyjet charge for overhead lockers

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

easyjet charge for overhead lockers

EasyJet to charge for overhead luggage lockers - BBC News

"Customers who don't buy the more expensive tickets will be restricted to putting a small carry-on bag under their seat.
    Easyjet said the changes would improve punctuality".

I thought this was something from Come fly with me

Bizarre.

Comment

Just another way to wring more cash out of their customers. Not a company I fly with personally but I guess their customers will either swallow this extra cost or use alternative airlines.
      I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Just copying RyanAir with their 'cheap ticket but watch for the essential add-ons'.

If it really was about improving punctuality they'd go back to offering free check-in for one bag/suitcase. I presume they started out that way, can't remember that far back.

Oh well, will go back to wearing all the clothes, until they charge for 'wide-bodied' seats.
        Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Contactless payment reader on the toilet door. €1 to gain access.

Got to be next?
          First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Bring your own locker.
            "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Bring a folding deck chair and jerry can of aviation fuel.
              First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

I don't use the overhead lockers as there's always a fight for them.

I use a soft bag that I can squidge under the seat in front of me. Careful packing prevents breakable items from getting damaged.

So this won't affect me; this is for the thoughtless, careless oiks who fight over such things.
                "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
                  I don't use the overhead lockers as there's always a fight for them.

I use a soft bag that I can squidge under the seat in front of me. Careful packing prevents breakable items from getting damaged.

So this won't affect me; this is for the thoughtless, careless oiks who fight over such things.
                  I just pay for priority boarding - as with a lot of things it's easier just to spend a few more quid and ensure the problem goes away.
                  merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

I'm glad they're doing this. Yes, they're doing it for money - but more likely it's the cost of delays rather than try to gouge more out of customers.
                    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
                    X