• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Thicko thought for the day

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    If it takes you 29 days to die of Covid, it's no longer reported as a covid death.
    If you die of pneumonia 75 days after a positive test, and the pneumonia is because of fluid in your lungs from having had Covid, it's not a Covid death
    If you have a heart attack out walking due to your impaired lung function 6 weeks after testing positive, it's not a Covid death.

That's why excess deaths is a better way to look at what's actually happening
    100%
    First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Originally posted by _V_ View Post
      No, what was yours?
      To me, it looks like Government figures have revealed that Dementia deaths have declined by the largest number in 20 years.

Or, they used a spreadsheet to count them.

Comment

Originally posted by Paralytic View Post
        To me, it looks like Government figures have revealed that Dementia deaths have declined by the largest number in 20 years.
        100%
        First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
          If it takes you 29 days to die of Covid, it's no longer reported as a covid death.
          If you die of pneumonia 75 days after a positive test, and the pneumonia is because of fluid in your lungs from having had Covid, it's not a Covid death
          If you have a heart attack out walking due to your impaired lung function 6 weeks after testing positive, it's not a Covid death.

That's why excess deaths is a better way to look at what's actually happening
          Yes, what I said (though I could have been clearer that I meant excess deaths when I stated ONS figures)

Comment

Sokies banned over 28 days since discovery of being a sockie are therefore banned for a cause rather than sockie hatred

Comment

Originally posted by Paralytic View Post
              Is that your takeaway from the article?
              I wouldn't mind a decent takeaway.

Comment

Originally posted by _V_ View Post
                Interestingly, the number of deaths from dementia is falling.

UK dementia deaths decline by largest number in 20 years

So Covid-19 is a cure for dementia?
                Dementia in Brexiteers is easily confused with cretinism, hence the change in the statistics.

Comment

Working...
                X