• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Boooom! Finally!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boooom! Finally!

Well, it's been a long old year. Finished my last traditional contract in Feb, was reasonably busy with Ad-Hoc work to start with but it didn't last and market was dead.

In the end, however, two offers on the table for a mid December start. Both higher rates than any other full time gig I've had, and the one I've took is fully remote, interesting tech and some real potential. So a crap year, but quite a highlight to end! (Oh, and £50 p/d higher than the other one!)

Though I'll be a lot happier once I'm sat there billing.

Here's to a more enjoyable 2021

Congratsicals.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by vwdan View Post
      Well, it's been a long old year. Finished my last traditional contract in Feb, was reasonably busy with Ad-Hoc work to start with but it didn't last and market was dead.

In the end, however, two offers on the table for a mid December start. Both higher rates than any other full time gig I've had, and the one I've took is fully remote, interesting tech and some real potential. So a crap year, but quite a highlight to end! (Oh, and £50 p/d higher than the other one!)

Though I'll be a lot happier once I'm sat there billing.

Here's to a more enjoyable 2021

Comment

I am extremely pleased for you. Worst time of year in the worst year ever for contracting. You have done well.

Comment

Boom bastic!

Make Mercia Great Again!

Comment

First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Comment

Cheers all!

Originally posted by clearedforlanding View Post
                I am extremely pleased for you. Worst time of year in the worst year ever for contracting. You have done well.
                :
                Yeah, must admit by the time we hit the end of October I thought it was pretty much game over til next year

Comment

Banana

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Great News.

Comment

Working...
                    X