• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Most invoices for a single client?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Think I was on 132 in 4 years about 45 to one client.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Number 67 for the current one in the last 5 years although there are about 25 others during that time period for concurrently run projects with other clients but that is from 255 from when I restarted the numbering system a few years back. I also do separate invoices for expenses so there are a stack of those too.
      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
        Most invoices to a single client: 100
        I've done 9 years at my current client in various guises, including a long stint on weekly self billing that kept getting cocked up and was a pain in the arse but I got paid the next week

NorthernLadUK would explode if he ever got a good look at that 9 years.

Comment

Who cares about the number of invoices, it's the amount billed that matters

Comment

Are we talking about the same client site, the same end client, or the same parent client of multiple end clients?

e.g. let's imagine you did work for BMW. You do a 6 month project for BMW Powertrain. A few months later you do a contract for Mini. Then one for BMW Financials. Then one for Rolls Royce, and finally one for Motorrad.
            They are all BMW, just different divisions.
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
              Are we talking about the same client site, the same end client, or the same parent client of multiple end clients?
              Yes.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
                144 months supporting an AS400/JBA for 3M after they took over a company I worked for in 1999, £2000 retainer every single month, worked an average 1 hour each month, once went 11 months without logging in as no issues to resolve SAP eventually took over

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum
                You win some sort of prize... a box of Jammie Dodgers?!

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
                I started my invoice numbering at 1000 in order to create the transparently false impression that I had already issued 1000 invoices

( With hindsight, I should've started at 1 million - would've been listed by now. )
                Mine are tied to the client so they start at 001 and keep it a secret

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
                Who cares about the number of invoices, it's the amount billed that matters
                Go on, share that then.

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                Same site (well they moved location), same people, various projects for their clients.
                I probably could have had work on the same exact project for the last 11 years straight but I couldn't cope with that so I keep leaving then coming back when things are quiet with other clients.
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                  Mine are tied to the client so they start at 001 and keep it a secret

I considered doing that but overriding the auto numbering in most accounting systems just leaves it open to mistakes.

Comment

Invoice 726 to same agent, multiple clients.
                    But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                      I considered doing that but overriding the auto numbering in most accounting systems just leaves it open to mistakes.
                      I wasn't using an accounting system other than a spreadsheet, but I was pleased to discover this feature waiting for me when I moved to FreeAgent. Nice.
                      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                      Originally posted by vetran
                      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                      X