• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Can everyone please check their war chests?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can everyone please check their war chests?

Call for probe into ''missing'' GBP50bn of UK cash - BBC News

The Bank of England should be trying to track down £50bn of 'missing' UK currency, a committee of MPs has said.

The cash is not used in transactions or held as savings, but may be overseas, tucked away in homes unreported or being used in the "shadow economy".

The money "is stashed somewhere, but the Bank of England doesn't know where, who by or what for - and doesn't seem very curious", said Meg Hillier, who chairs the committee.
    First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

I looked under my mattress and down the back of the sofa but nowt found.

Comment

Simon Dolan will help us get to bottom of this corruption.

#kbf
      Last edited by Old Greg; 4 December 2020, 12:50.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
        Check the little coffee tin at the back of the left hand kitchen cupboard.. HTH.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
          I'll try the PM's overdue child support payments account.

Comment

The cash is not used in transactions or held as savings, but may be overseas, tucked away in homes unreported or being used in the "shadow economy".
            I think I might be able to help there...
            Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Check all the wishing wells.

Comment

I’d suggest that a fair bit of cash is used in transactions but there’s no record in any submitted accounts of them. Foreigners in both senses - illegal workers and off the books work must account for a hell of a lot. They should have a wander down to Strangeways at the weekend and look at all the shops selling counterfeit stuff. No doubt there is the same dark grey economy across the country where visible wages “disappear”.
                The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

That reminds me, I've had 100 quid's worth of Croatian Cuna in the cupboard since had to cancel a holiday due to loony lady 1 being ill.
                  bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                  John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                    That reminds me, I've had 100 quid's worth of Croatian Cuna in the cupboard since had to cancel a holiday due to loony lady 1 being ill.
                    And I've got about 10k in Dollars I bought before Brexit started in case the Armageddon that was apparently going to happen happened.
                    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X