• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Nazi legacy flagging

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vetran View Post
    No I pointed out the word Master is not originally linked to slavery just as eggs don't always make custard. I shared a number of other words that were as closely linked to slavery as Master and suggested we drop those as well.

Master / Slave as a term is most definitely suspect and moving away from using it just makes sense and is respecting peoples feelings.

Moving away from using "Master bedroom" is just stupid, if there were a "slave bedroom" that should probably be renamed. Just as we remove the N word we should remove the Slave word but throwing Master out with the bathwater seems a step too far.
    If I ever meet an ex-slave I shall remember your advice, lest I hurt their feelings.
    Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

definitely interesting thanks.

Hey if you are creating a new world order you need to remove that which doesn't fit your idea. Its common everywhere people try to deny equality and reality and force their opinions on others.
      Yep you're right. That's basically why the Nazis replaced the original David, Nathan and Zecharias with Dora, Nardpol and Zeppelin. Other Nazi legacies in Germany include not being allowed to home school.
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

The OP was an interesting read. I've never really considered what other languages use for their phonetic alphabet so it was a snippet of history I hadn't been aware of.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
          The OP was an interesting read. I've never really considered what other languages use for their phonetic alphabet so it was a snippet of history I hadn't been aware of.
          This. I'm not entirely sure why some posters had to turn it into a slanging match about virtue signaling. I think perhaps they didn't get enough encouragement from their parents when they were children.
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
            I think perhaps they didn't get enough encouragement from their parents when they were children.
            Not the Lebensborn ones

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
              Yep you're right. That's basically why the Nazis replaced the original David, Nathan and Zecharias with Dora, Nardpol and Zeppelin. Other Nazi legacies in Germany include not being allowed to home school.
              Oh do keep up grandad, I thanked for the snippet which was an aspect of Nazism I had never thought of as it was so obscure.

I then commented it was something that was common in lots of groups that want to change the narrative and exert control. An observation Orwell made with his newspeak but the communists, Fascists, Woke and BLM all do it.

Strange many organisations who want to take control have similar mechanisms, in future do we recognise the mechanism and expect the worse?
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
                If I ever meet an ex-slave I shall remember your advice, lest I hurt their feelings.

I would avoid saying it to their descendants as well.

Comment

Surprised they did not remove A, N, I and Z from it
                  Last edited by AtW; 6 December 2020, 17:34.

Comment

I would avoid saying it to their descendants as well.
                    How many generations are we talking about, just want to check if I have the right to be offended.
                    Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
                      How many generations are we talking about, just want to check if I have the right to be offended.

well it seems at least 5.

Comment

Working...
                      X