• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Will there be a third wave

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will there be a third wave?

Yes:

Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

They were all taken this weekend, Harrods, Covent Garden and, I believe Northampton. Its all people going shopping and visiting a Christmas market. The problem is that younger people can get it but not necessarily show symptoms but this doesn't mean that they can't pass it onto more susceptible people which I personally think is one of major causes of this second wave
      Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
      Some observations...

Predominantly young people in those photos. Leading one to assume these were taken in or around universities; the lack of location information isn't helpful.

No dates/times when the photos were taken. They could have been taken last year, not last week.

No context around the photos. They could be showing a fire alarm tip out of a halls of residence; the bottom photo could be a protest or some kind of public speaking.

The body language doesn't look like these are social events and I'm not totally sure all were taken in the UK.
      Sent from my 5g carrier pigeon
      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Even foreign news have picked up on it although Germany is not doing so well now

Ohne Masken, ohne Sicherheitsabstand: Tausende Briten im Shopping-Wahn -
        News Ausland -
        Bild.de

Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Hundreds of maskless young people ‘try to storm Harrods’ | Metro News

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
            If mRNA works then it will be possible to quickly change vaccine and manufacture a lot, better than how it is done with flu now, with much higher efficacy. Sars2 is stable where it matters for it - corona spikes, either vaccines work or it should get less infectious if spikes go away or something like that.

If you want to be scared then netter think about super-volcanoes, feck all we can do about it.
            Or large asteroids. Or nearby gamma ray burst or supernova.
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
              Now you've shared the context, I can see what you mean. Why didn't you do that earlier?

Fecking idiots. Only a couple of people arrested? What happened to those water cannon Boris bought?

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                Now you've shared the context, I can see what you mean. Why didn't you do that earlier?

Fecking idiots. Only a couple of people arrested? What happened to those water cannon Boris bought?
                The water cannon couldn't even be legally used in NI let alone anywhere in mainland UK. Khan tried to sell them on but there were no takers so they were sold for scrap metal.

The police don't like the present regime so why bother arresting anyone? To much like hard work especially when anyone they arrest is unlikely to have previous convictions.
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                  Khan tried to sell them on but there were no takers so they were sold for scrap metal
                  That's a pity, I might have been interested.

Comment

Don't have to arrest anyone, just fine them, surely that is now written somewhere that people not abiding by the rules of each Tier can get fined right? This is how they enforced masks etc. in France / Italy and other European countries and it worked to some extent so why not in the UK?

Comment

Cops are not paid enough to risk getting Covid from those young Mor Ons

Comment

Working...
                      X