• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

History of Allergic Reactions -

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

History of Allergic Reactions -

... then don't have the Pfizer covid vaccine.

Two NHS staff members suffer allergic reaction to Covid vaccine - LBC

Regulators have issued a warning that people who have a history of "significant" allergic reactions should not currently receive the Pfizer/BioNTech Covid-19 vaccine after two people who had the jab on Tuesday had allergic reactions.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

AtW, ignore these reports, they wouldn't say it is safe if it wasn't safe.

Go ahead, get the jab and get your freedom passport!
    First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
      ... then don't have the Pfizer covid vaccine.

Two NHS staff members suffer allergic reaction to Covid vaccine - LBC

Regulators have issued a warning that people who have a history of "significant" allergic reactions should not currently receive the Pfizer/BioNTech Covid-19 vaccine after two people who had the jab on Tuesday had allergic reactions.
      Allergic to what? According to NHS data, approximately 20% of UK residents are hay fever sufferers.

Comment

You missed the "significant" bit out of the thread title. I would have thought that was quite a significant part of the advice myself

Comment

Originally posted by clearedforlanding View Post
          Allergic to what? According to NHS data, approximately 20% of UK residents are hay fever sufferers.
          No news yet.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
            No news yet.
            Sounds like the sort of thing they might have discovered in testing. Ah yes, the UK is the beta test.

*To be perfectly clear I am pro-vaccination. I am also pro-meta analysis of clinical trials.
            Last edited by clearedforlanding; 9 December 2020, 10:26.

Comment

Might as well get ready now for hundreds of hysterical "side effect" articles over the next year. The fact is, when you treat perhaps 40m people in the space of a year, you are going to have tens of thousands of people get ill within a few days/weeks/months of the jab, thousands will die, some of them will die on the very next day, etc etc. All of which likely would have happened anyway, but people will convince themselves otherwise and blame the vaccine. It's unavoidable and really calls for a some press responsibility and restraint, which almost certainly won't happen.

Comment

Sounds like the sort of thing they might have discovered in testing. Ah yes, the UK is the beta test.
                Listening to the radio - some emeritus professor of therapeutics is making the point that maybe those two individuals shouldn't have had the vaccine. Also if you have had a previous reaction to any other vaccine then you need to be cautious when having any more vaccines.

Comment

It probably causes autism too

Comment

*To be perfectly clear I am pro-vaccination. I am also pro-meta analysis of clinical trials.
                    These were epi-pen carrying, severe sufferers. I wonder if they would even have eligible for the trials? Does make you wonder why they were given the vaccine though, if it hadn't been tested on such people.

Comment

Working...
                    X