• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Hope. Optimism and Winter Sunshine

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hope. Optimism and Winter Sunshine

BA offering 2 x return flights in March to Orlando for a stonking £525

Obvious issues are that ESTA's may not be available on the flight day or we are all dead

BA offering full cash refund if they cancel the flights or a voucher to be used against any BA if I wish to cancel

It would appear to be too good a deal not to take a punt on

What class of travel?

Not that I'd go to the US at the best of times.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
      What class of travel?

It's Orlando, so working class.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

What class of travel?

Not that I'd go to the US at the best of times.
        Parts of it are nice. I quite like some of Ohio.
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
          Parts of it are nice. I quite like some of Ohio.
          I have no doubt. I have friends who have travelled quite extensively around the US and love it. It just doesn't appeal to me.

Comment

I have no doubt. I have friends who have travelled quite extensively around the US and love it. It just doesn't appeal to me.
            Some bits around the edges are tolerable. SF* and Boston are my picks. If you don't want to get shot, avoid the big bit in the middle.

*Including Napa Valley and Yosemite
            His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
              It's Orlando, so working class.
              I was working in Orlando nearly 2 years ago but didn't get a direct flight there, instead flew from DC down on american Airlines (hopefully never again.) We were lucky as we have TSA priority so on the return flight we passed by all the massive queues of huge families returning from the theme parks. It's a strange place, there are some nice parts, some great places to eat and then there are your crazies as epitomised by Carl Hiaasen
              Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

It's a pretty big place with huge variety, can't see how you have no time for any of it. Only been to Pittsburgh meself.
                bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                  It's a pretty big place with huge variety, can't see how you have no time for any of it. Only been to Pittsburgh meself.
                  I'm well aware I'm tarring the whole place with the same brush. I just am not interested enough in the country to want to investigate it.

Comment

Working...
                  X