• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Hmm who believes the NHS knows what its doing?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    People get sectioned for less than saying this -

“ 3. Run the NHS efficiently so we are better served than every other health service in the world. Most people want option 3.”

It’s crazy talk
    3 will never happen because far too many believe in clapping for it or bunging it yet more cash and not believe in tough action for the organisation. The NHS makes massive mistakes on a daily basis across the board from CEO to toilet cleaner. Its actually not that difficult to sort the NHS out. My goldfish could sort the NHS out! The issue is too many especially amongst the general public are motivated against this for the wrong reasons and for many stupid reasons.
    Former IPSE member
    My Website

Comment

Originally posted by courtg9000 View Post
      3 will never happen because far too many believe in clapping for it or bunging it yet more cash and not believe in tough action for the organisation. The NHS makes massive mistakes on a daily basis across the board from CEO to toilet cleaner. Its actually not that difficult to sort the NHS out. My goldfish could sort the NHS out! The issue is too many especially amongst the general public are motivated against this for the wrong reasons and for many stupid reasons.
      3 will never happen because the vocal majority will never accept that sometimes outsourcing/privatisation of will improve efficiency. There is also the greater misunderstanding that the NHS is a single thing, it's not, it is thousands of individual organisations, some better than others
      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by edison View Post
        Some international comparisons of multiple countries' healthcare systems have previously identified that the NHS is one of the best performing health services, given the level of spending. Current spending as a percentage of GDP is below most other high income countries and we have fewer doctors and nurses per capita too.

My view is the NHS works fairly well most of the time but when it's under pressure, it struggles. Myself and extended family have had some amazingly good experiences with the NHS over the years and some absolutely dire ones too. That is what is hard to reconcile under supposedly one service.

I think there is some truth in that but there does seem to be a level of blind faith and arrogance when you question it.

The NHS used to kill too many people with things like MRSA when journalists questioned they were denied until they nailed the story to the wall and finally years after it was first raised the NHS did something about it. Same with Alder hey etc. Deny, Deny - oh yes we did cock up.
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
          I think there is some truth in that but there does seem to be a level of blind faith and arrogance when you question it.

The NHS used to kill too many people with things like MRSA when journalists questioned they were denied until they nailed the story to the wall and finally years after it was first raised the NHS did something about it. Same with Alder hey etc. Deny, Deny - oh yes we did cock up.
          Sounds like the incumbent government.
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
            3 will never happen because the vocal majority will never accept that sometimes outsourcing/privatisation of will improve efficiency. There is also the greater misunderstanding that the NHS is a single thing, it's not, it is thousands of individual organisations, some better than others

Well they outsourced the cleaning under the quality control of the NHS so they just blame the cleaning companies for everything.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
              Sounds like any government.

FTFY

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                , it is thousands of individual organisations,
                Most very badly and over managed and administered with little or no cohesion, poor intra-organisation communication and no demonstrable stable central management cf. NHS England. A history of denying responsibility for anything and passing the buck.
                Privatisation is not the answer nor is more cash. Proper management who know how to manage, tulip loads of redundancies at manager and admin level, removal of red tape, some finance bods who know how to budget correctly, correct responsibility taking, decent procurement and abolition of the internal market. Voila one sorted NHS. No more dosh needed.
                Former IPSE member
                My Website

Comment

The Swiss have updated their health advice:

Note: The virus naturally doesn’t have a stopwatch. So 15 minutes is merely an approximate point of reference.
                  Well. It made me chuckle. although of course, the weaponised form does have a stopwatch.
                  Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                    Which trust was that at?
                    Surrey and Sussex NHS Trust.

Comment

Originally posted by edison View Post
                      My view is the NHS works fairly well most of the time but when it's under pressure, it struggles. Myself and extended family have had some amazingly good experiences with the NHS over the years and some absolutely dire ones too. That is what is hard to reconcile under supposedly one service.
                      One of the issues is that the successes in the NHS pass almost unannounced, where as the failures make page 1 of the tabloids.
                      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Working...
                      X