• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Hmm who believes the NHS knows what its doing?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bingobob777 View Post
    How come councils need to cut costs and reorganise but the NHS always needs more money and more staff?

How come Matt Hancock and Boris are always blamed for the failings of an organisation that employees 1.3million people and not the hordes of managers?

How come no one has ever heard of these people - NHS England >> NHS Executive Group

The NHS doesn't give the impression it knows what its doing
    I once sold one of that lot a Ford Mondeo (long time ago). He was the most "difficullt" customer I dealt with it that job.
    Former IPSE member
    My Website

Comment

Anyone asking why we blame Tories and not the NHS - read about the Public Health Act 2012. That, and everything that has come after it, pretty much nails it.

Comment

Originally posted by Andy2 View Post
        According to my doctor friends, their workload is increasing due to ageing population who needs all sort of tests and treatments
        Well as the Nurses take the bloods and the laboratory examine the results they only have to talk to the patients if they want.
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
          Ah yes, NHS to blame for government policy of chronically underfunding it, unable to get enough staff due to government inability in 4 years to secure a deal, unable to get appropriate PPE due to government policy of giving contracts to friends rather than those with experience and ability.
          Not to mention the fact that it's an airborne (or at least aerosol-borne) virus. Unless they're able to put every single hospital bed in the country inside something like those secure compartments as seen in The Andromeda Strain, it's going to spread. All you can do is try to limit the spread, and if they weren't doing a decent job of that, the figures for hospital transmission would be considerably higher.

Comment

Originally posted by bingobob777 View Post
            How come councils need to cut costs and reorganise but the NHS always needs more money and more staff?

How come Matt Hancock and Boris are always blamed for the failings of an organisation that employees 1.3million people and not the hordes of managers?

How come no one has ever heard of these people - NHS England >> NHS Executive Group

The NHS doesn't give the impression it knows what its doing
            Councils are funded differently from the NHS. It's a mix of central government grants, council tax and business rates plus income where services are charged for. The proportion coming from central government fell significantly in the last decade, hence councils have to try and make up the shortfall. One that I worked for shrank staff numbers by about 40% in that time.

At the same time, the needs of vulnerable people are becoming more complex (mainly the ageing population) so adult social services budgets are stretched even more.

Comment

Originally posted by Scoobos View Post
              Anyone asking why we blame Tories and not the NHS - read about the Public Health Act 2012. That, and everything that has come after it, pretty much nails it.

Unfortunately for your credibility all the scandals & incompetence we have been mentioning precede 2012.

Criticism of the National Health Service (England) - Wikipedia

We haven't seen what they have done recently because they are probably still hiding it.
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                One of the issues is that the successes in the NHS pass almost unannounced, where as the failures make page 1 of the tabloids.
                That's because the tabloids want the NHS to be privatised.
                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                  Perhaps a very cheap and effective solution to this compleX problem is to nationalise tabloids?

I wonder if anybody thought of that before me

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                    But some things are run by private companies anyway.
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                      But some things are run by private companies anyway.
                      Creeping privatisation. To be fair - I'm not against privatisation per se. But this government seems to be an exemplar for capitalism cronyism. As condemned by Adam Smith.
                      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
                      X