• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Time to embrace the umbrella....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Time to embrace the umbrella....

So, looks like I’m inside from Feb. Given that client seem happy to renew in this dessert we are in it looks like I need a decent umbrella and to wind down the Ltd Co.

Has anyone done the same lately - What’s a good trustworthy eel proved brolly these days?

A good gravy train until now I guess.

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
    So, looks like I’m inside from Feb. Given that client seem happy to renew in this dessert we are in it looks like I need a decent umbrella and to wind down the Ltd Co.
    Dessert with a cherry on cake?

Comment

What’s a good trustworthy eel proved brolly these days?
      'Everyone' on here was banging on about Contractor Umbrella, then she went and set up a different brolly so maybe they're banging on about that instead in the pro forums.

Full disclosure, I used Contractor Umbrella during Lucy's reign and they were perfectly ok, no issues or aggro, though they got through a fair few 'handlers' during my stint. No idea what the new outfit is like, no longer need brolly services.
      Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
        'Everyone' on here was banging on about Contractor Umbrella, then she went and set up a different brolly so maybe they're banging on about that instead in the pro forums.

Full disclosure, I used Contractor Umbrella during Lucy's reign and they were perfectly ok, no issues or aggro, though they got through a fair few 'handlers' during my stint. No idea what the new outfit is like, no longer need brolly services.
        Clarity Umbrella?

Contractor Umbrella obviously still has strong pedigree.

Meet the Team | An Award Winning Umbrella Company | Contractor Umbrella

Simon DolanGroup Managing Director

Simon Dolan started Contractor Umbrella 1999, to fulfil the umbrella needs of his first major business SJD Accountancy, which was the only accounting firm in the UK top 100 owned by an individual rather than a partnership. SJD Accountancy was acquired in 2014 along with accounting practice Nixon Williams by Sovereign Capital for over £100m.

In 2017 Simon set up Dolan Accountancy, with the vision of clients being able to seamlessly switch from umbrella to limited and he continues to work closely with the team to achieve this vision.
        Last edited by Old Greg; 11 December 2020, 16:55.

Comment

Has anyone done the same lately - What’s a good trustworthy eel proved brolly these days?

A good gravy train until now I guess.
          So given that the client believes you have always been inside what happens when HMRC send a "we wish to check your contract in 2020/21" letter?

But Clarity umbrella are fine as are a number of others - My suggestion going forward will be look for an umbrella that has a green tick - but they aren't allowed just yet.
          Last edited by eek; 11 December 2020, 17:05.
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
            So given that the client believes you have always been inside what happens when HMRC send a "we wish to check your contract in 2020/21" letter?

But Clarity umbrella are fine as are a number of others - My suggestion going forward will be look for an umbrella that has a green tick - but they aren't allowed just yet.
            Well get a wriggle on then!

Comment

I've use Contractor Umbrella and more than happy with them and would use again.
              I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                Well get a wriggle on then!
                Give me time - everytime I think I'm finished something else appears out of the woodwork...
                merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Wilmsloooooooow!

Comment

You'll need a good IR35 lawyer whe HMRC find you've gone outside to in as well.
                    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X