• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Mutant Virus DOOM

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mutant Virus DOOM

'''New variant''' of coronavirus identified - Hancock - BBC News

ladymuck won’t be pleased...

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      ladymuck won’t be pleased...
      I wouldn't worry too much - it's just a statement in the House by Matt Hancock. In a couple of days they'll be saying something completely different after Conservative Central Office receives a hefty donation from Mutant Coronavirus Hedge Fund LLP

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        I wouldn't worry too much - it's just a statement in the House by Matt Hancock. In a couple of days they'll be saying something completely different after Conservative Central Office receives a hefty donation from Mutant Coronavirus Hedge Fund LLP
        He'll be pretending he knows where his elbow is next...
        His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Ah that's what the geordie on my call just now was talking about. He was taking the mickey about how London has to have a special variant of the virus.

I said that our virus is alleviate with copious application of champagne and caviar.

Comment

Someone imported a mink merkin from Denmark?
            Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

I told you! The CUK DOOM virus is infectious!
              bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
              John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
                Someone imported a mink merkin from Denmark?

That will be old smeg!
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

“ Government scientists at the Porton Down laboratory in Wiltshire have been conducting experiments on the new strain, and have confirmed ministers' fears about it being far more infectious than the original strain of the virus.

One source in the scientific community said there were "concerns in government" about the new strain after the evidence was presented to ministers on Friday afternoon.

"The evidence that the new strain of the virus more easily transmits from one person to another has hardened up," said the source”

Exclusive: Alarming new evidence on coronavirus mutation could bring tougher restrictions

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                    “ Government scientists at the Porton Down laboratory in Wiltshire have been conducting experiments on the new strain, and have confirmed ministers' fears about it being far more infectious than the original strain of the virus.

One source in the scientific community said there were "concerns in government" about the new strain after the evidence was presented to ministers on Friday afternoon.

"The evidence that the new strain of the virus more easily transmits from one person to another has hardened up," said the source”

Exclusive: Alarming new evidence on coronavirus mutation could bring tougher restrictions
                    Infectious, yes, but not necessarily more virulent. I was listening to a bit on R4 this morning about it before I got up. It'll be a couple more weeks yet before there's sufficient data on the new strain(s).

It makes sense that it's evolving to be less harmful but more easily transmissable. There'll come a point where the harm caused by the virus will be minimal to all but the immunocompromised and we can get back to more normal life. It'll become another virus that does the rounds in seasonal waves and there will be a need for a subset of people to take more care / have a seasonal vaccine.

Comment

Working...
                    X