• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

That's me done for the year thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Working throughout Xmas period

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      Working throughout Xmas period
      Those kebabs won't deliver themselves

Comment

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
        Decided on a reverse retirement strategy, to 'retire' now while still young enough to enjoy it (know too many people that worked hard until retirement then too knackered or ill to do much and some didn't even make it to retirement), then if necessary will go back to IT contracting WFH when I'm an old codger and need the money to top up whatever the pension is worth by then.
        I like this idea. In a WFH world where we can use video calls to interact with others, you could even apply Snapchat style appearance filters that shave off 40 years from your face, looking young and keen during remote interviews and conf calls.

Comment

Finishing on 21st.. I've have had a rather large and unplanned gap this year so I will be billing between Xmas and New year when nobody else is around

Comment

Originally posted by CheeseSlice View Post
            I like this idea. In a WFH world where we can use video calls to interact with others, you could even apply Snapchat style appearance filters that shave off 40 years from your face, looking young and keen during remote interviews and conf calls.
            Definitely don't get a 4k webcam

Comment

Well its me tomorrow!

*Smashie* I did some work for Charidy/Free , but I'm counting them!

240 days worked, 180 billable (Outside IR35 too!). But I did something useful during the pandemic at least! so a good year.

Charideee year. Much irratatingness.

Oh and boomed today too - with an offer of another 6 months outside, starting in Feb - my client is fearless and probably a dying breed of people who actually play by the rules, rather than safe, with IR35.

Comment

Client 1 - done. Email from director "yeah that works".
                Client 2- done. Handover team meeting complete.

Client 1 development team - online piss-up. Hic.
                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                  Those squirrels won't debauch themselves
                  FTFY
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by CheeseSlice View Post
                    Aye, deepfake video has a lot of potential uses.

Hopefully in the near future we'll have neural links to control devices and use thought input instead of banging away at a keyboard or touchscreen, then old age will be even less of a factor.

My gran (in her 90s) struggles to use a mobile phone, even the big button senior version. Currently toying with the pandora's box that would be getting her an alexa style voice command box for home to call people, video calls, and general online stuff, though I expect it's still immature in terms of navigating online and dictating text on typical website forms.
                    Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Last one today, but thanks to a three month extension I am back on 4th Jan.

All presents bought, last tinsel bits to put up and then it's a takeaway in time for Mando Friday.

Have a good one all, and yeah, 2020, you won't be missed. Not expecting much from 2021 either, but I am the forever optimist.

Nil desperandum carburundum illegitami.

qh
                      He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Working...
                      X