• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

That's me done for the year thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's me done for the year thread

254 days billed. 110 of those were in March, April, May & June.

Merry Christmas, one and all!

Still slaving away here, last day is the 29th at present.

I will do a tot up at some point and add my tuppence worth to the virtual todger waving.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

I will do a tot up at some point and add my tuppence worth to the virtual todger waving.
      That is the true Spirit of Contractor Christmas.

Comment

I’m now off to spend my small benefits tax free €500 gift card down the offy.

Comment

Comment

Friiiiiiday!!!!!

Department party (just eat & zoom) then feet up.
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
              Friiiiiiday!!!!!

Department party (just eat & zoom) then feet up.
              How to organise a bleak self-employed Christmas party

Comment

Zero days billed, only fools and horses work.

Decided on a reverse retirement strategy, to 'retire' now while still young enough to enjoy it (know too many people that worked hard until retirement then too knackered or ill to do much and some didn't even make it to retirement), then if necessary will go back to IT contracting WFH when I'm an old codger and need the money to top up whatever the pension is worth by then.

In the meantime playing around with the latest Microsoft dev stuff to keep my skills fresh while toying with a plan B idea as a hobby. If it ever earns its keep that'll be a bonus and means I can stay 'retired' from the rat-race.
                Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

Assuming I don't do any extra time above what I've planned in the remaining days of this month, I will have charged 227.5 days this calendar year.

Comment

180 days for me. Since 9 March.
                    I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Working...
                    X