• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Mouse as company asset

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mouse as company asset

I own several old USB and PS/2 mice which I bought personally before setting up my company. Does it make sense to gift or sell them to my Ltd?
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Are they the roller ball type or optical?

Comment

Is it your lucky talisman? As in smashing through your first day at the client only on “the lucky one”?

There is a story in “Fashboys” where one guy uses his lucky mouse every time he opens a new stock exchange.

Question related can’t help, you could potentially do it and sell assets to your company and do a documented assessment based on market price(quotes off ebay for ex) then is that as price. Or gift them and keep track.
      Question is why would you like to create more paperwork and spend 20-30min writting a document to generate a 2£ tax saving?

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
        Are they the roller ball type or optical?
        Roller ball type are usually optical (not connection to PC, but capturing precise ball movement)

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
          Roller ball type are usually optical (not connection to PC, but capturing precise ball movement)

HTH
          Except when they're not

Comment

Are (now), not were 100000 B.C.

Comment

Except when they're not

Unfortunately atw is partially right, the large flat wheels driven by the ball actually interrupt an IR(probably can be visible) beam between Q1 and the emitter above it. So yes it could be described by those not in the know as an 'optical mouse'.

However the convention is that is called a ball or mechanical mouse to differentiate from a mouse that uses optical methods as the sole method of detecting mouse movement, identifiable by the light coming out of the mouse's bottom.
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Trackballs are much better to prevent RSI anyway, modern mice use freaking lasers already

Comment

HTH
                  I'd rather information on your ball movements was kept as imprecise as possible.

Except when they're not

What a clever bit of kit that is. And so much fun in a school IT lesson.
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Trackballs are much better to prevent RSI anyway, modern mice use freaking lasers already

Unfortunately with mice like other things size matters I use a trust wireless mouse 16536 which is twice the size of normal mice and under £10. This pretty much has eliminated rsi and fatigue. The normal mice appear to have been designed for barbie dolls not shovel hands like me.

Trackballs use lasers as well, they read the blobs on the ball (may be invisible to the naked eye).
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                    X