• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone want to sell a Win 10 License?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Somebody's got to pay for those chips in the vaccine!
    Simon Dolan could tell you how they’re being paid for.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
      Simon Dolan could tell you how they’re being paid for.
      Payment is by soul: big or small.

They will NEVER get major soul like Simons’!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
        microsoft.co.uk

FTFY

Seriously, it's a hundred quid or so. Can't you afford it?
        After much soul searching I have stumped up the money for a licence. [insert saint smilie if one exists, ta]

Paid 4.14eu via my Revolut card for max discount, which comes through as costing me £3.82, on that 'legit' Windows 10 Pro Retail Key on hotukdeals. Received the product key via email and now fully activated. No more 'activate windows' watermark on the desktop.

Ironically, I'm now closer to committing a crime by using a potentially hokey product key than if I'd left my PC unactivated.
        Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by hairymouse View Post
          I'm building a PC for my boy. Does anyone have Win 10 license? Home or pro is fine

If this doesn't work, what's the deal with the sites selling them? Which ones are legit and will I get ripped off?
          buy the MS action pack through your business.
          You get 10 (I think) Win10 of each home, pro, enterprise as well as Win 7, loads of servers, 5 x O365 licenses, and £75 a month of Azure credit.

All for £350.
          See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
            microsoft.co.uk

FTFY

Seriously, it's a hundred quid or so. Can't you afford it?
            That's quite a lot in relative terms if you were building a low-end PC as a fun project.

Although as someone else said, in that case you aren't forced to use Windows. It does seem odd they don't provide a free/very cheap option for such projects though like RasPi, etc. Unless you can get on the MS Education deals which are great?
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
              That's quite a lot in relative terms if you were building a low-end PC as a fun project.
              That's one of Linux's use cases. Mind you, I tend to build high-end PCs as a fun project, so £100+ seems cheap!

MORE POWER!!!!!
              Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post

Although as someone else said, in that case you aren't forced to use Windows. It does seem odd they don't provide a free/very cheap option for such projects though like RasPi, etc. Unless you can get on the MS Education deals which are great?
                It seems odd that Microsoft aren't clamping down on cheap product key providers, there are even some selling via Amazon where one assumes better vetting is in place for marketplace sellers than say eBay. So it may be that they are allowing it as an unofficial stance to ensure cheap access to Windows for those otherwise tempted by the free alternatives, to keep market share high.

Microsoft can't sanction these near give-aways as they make licencing money from corporates who would baulk at paying hundreds for the same product if the cheaper route was ligitamised.

They also can't charge full price for every device that comes with Windows (most bought by non-techy people not looking to build their own) as it would be uncompetitive without the brand tax like Apple enjoys, so they almost give away OEM versions to PC builders, again to retain market share.

Long live Apple OS, Android, Linux, Raspbian, and the other freebies, even if not interested in those it keeps Windows cheap and effectively free for most.
                Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
                  buy the MS action pack through your business.
                  You get 10 (I think) Win10 of each home, pro, enterprise as well as Win 7, loads of servers, 5 x O365 licenses, and £75 a month of Azure credit.

All for £350.
                  Payable every year...

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                    Payable every year...
                    And 99% of it totally useless for the home user.
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                    X