• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone want to sell a Win 10 License?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    I'm guessing you have installation media?
    Yes

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
      Ah, typical left wing response. You're rich, we're poor, so it's ok if we steal. It's a windows 10 license, not a loaf of bread. If you can't afford it, you're in the wrong line of work. Or you're doing it wrong.
      It reminds me of nearly every multinational IT Tec Company in the FTSE 100 that I have contracted with were using significant numbers of unlicensed software including Windows. Disturbingly using unlicensed software on their clients sites.
      "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
        Everyone else is doing it
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

I hear they give free Win 10 with all security updates for life from getwindows10.lubyanka.ru

Quote promotion code ATWCUK during sign up

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
            I hear they give free Win 10 with all security updates for life from getwindows10.lubyanka.ru

Quote promotion code ATWCUK during sign up
            Lovely hotel with free breakfast of bread and water.
            "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

I'm guessing you have installation media?
              Can download the Windows Media Creation tool from Microsoft and set up a USB stick or DVD to boot and install from.

It also downloads the most recent version of Windows 10 when creating the media so not as much windows update to suffer through after installation. Hence I always do this 'from scratch' approach even if have older versions already to hand.

microsoft.co.uk

FTFY

Seriously, it's a hundred quid or so. Can't you afford it?
              Yes but they should be paying us for all the telemetry they are sipping through the backdoor.

If they were really that bothered about running unactivated they wouldn't allow it.

They also still allow free upgrade from Windows 7 or 8 if have a licence key for one of those. Can install Windows 10 then put in the 7/8 key afterwards to activate Windows 10 all legit.

Maybe they are doing this (allowing free or very cheap licence key access) so when they change to Windows-as-a-service and require a monthly sub it'll be easier to get people paying a few quid a month than if they'd already paid £10s or £100s (if have several PCs) beforehand. That's before considering the competition who practically or actually give away their OS these days.
              Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

That's interesting. Is the Windows Media Creation tool version of Win10 compatible with Action Pack licenses? I never know how dumb/clever their checking systems are.

Comment

See if you can obtain a licence for LTSC edition (formerly LTSB). It's the Enterprise version and doesn't have the Microsoft Store, Cortana or Edge built into it. [emoji12]
                  I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

That's interesting. Is the Windows Media Creation tool version of Win10 compatible with Action Pack licenses? I never know how dumb/clever their checking systems are.
                    The creation tool asks which version, starting with the basics of 32-bit or 64-bit and Home or Pro, then has other variants if need something specific. It then downloads the version based on what was chosen.

See if the action pack gives a specific product type as there are some obscure versions available.

If unsure just install the nearest common match and see if the product key activates or not.

If Windows 10 has ever been installed and activated on that hardware before it will likely automatically activate without needing to re-enter the product key (will still need to say 'don't have a product key' during installation when asked for one then activation will occur after install complete).

I have some refurb ex-corporate PCs off ebay that activated Windows 10 Pro from the Windows 7 Pro OEM stickers still attached.
                    Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Ah, typical left wing response. You're rich, we're poor, so it's ok if we steal. It's a windows 10 license, not a loaf of bread. If you can't afford it, you're in the wrong line of work. Or you're doing it wrong.
                      Somebody's got to pay for those chips in the vaccine!

Comment

Working...
                      X