• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone want to sell a Win 10 License?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone want to sell a Win 10 License?

I'm building a PC for my boy. Does anyone have Win 10 license? Home or pro is fine

If this doesn't work, what's the deal with the sites selling them? Which ones are legit and will I get ripped off?

Linux is free

I don't have any spare licenses, sorry

Comment

Originally posted by hairymouse View Post
      I'm building a PC for my boy. Does anyone have Win 10 license? Home or pro is fine

If this doesn't work, what's the deal with the sites selling them? Which ones are legit and will I get ripped off?
      £25 and it’s yours.

Comment

Originally posted by hairymouse View Post

Ebay has various recycled licences some with OEM stickers. Make sure you get the correct type of licence that suits your build. However, I prefer Linux for my own use.
        "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/win...il-key-3620696

The above being retail means not tied to one PC or motherboard of that PC like OEM restrictions, if decide to upgrade or change PC later.

All a valid product key does is remove the 'activate windows' watermark from the desktop, no additional functionality (other than perhaps changing desktop presentation such as wallpaper or theme) is obtained by getting a licence. Microsoft allow Windows 10 to work fine without one, unlike the days of old where degredation of features occured until complied.

There is ~zero risk of getting done for running Windows 10 without a licence in a non-commercial setting. Though if Al Capone they may use it to nail you instead of proper serious offences, if they can't dig up anything else evidence wise.

To start with install Windows 10 and select 'don't have a product key' when it asks during installation, then decide what/where to get a key if a few quid is worth paying to get rid of the watermark.
          Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

I'm guessing you have installation media?

Comment

You can get it at thepiratebay.org
              When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

microsoft.co.uk

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
                To start with install Windows 10 and select 'don't have a product key' when it asks during installation, then decide what/where to get a key if a few quid isn't worth paying to do what's right, and your pitiful income does not stretch to that.
                FTFY

Seriously, it's a hundred quid or so. Can't you afford it?
                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                  microsoft.co.uk

FTFY

Seriously, it's a hundred quid or so. Can't you afford it?
                  Says the fat Swiss Gnome

"A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Ah, typical left wing response. You're rich, we're poor, so it's ok if we steal. It's a windows 10 license, not a loaf of bread. If you can't afford it, you're in the wrong line of work. Or you're doing it wrong.
                    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
                    X