• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New variant just after immunisations start : co-incidence or not?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fraidycat View Post
    Rumour has it these new mutations can be traced to animal meat sold in China town.

Not really, i just made that up, but i was always nervous eating in china town when i worked in that part of london, we would always joke about it when ordering our meals.
    AtW went "squirelling" in Kent, just as the local pervert squirrel community had taken up bat-fvcking.

Comment

Originally posted by GigiBronz View Post
      I'll spin another idea around. Maybe the virus mutation was already present and prevalent but they were keeping it quiet.

Now that borders have started to block due to brexit they are using the virus as a smoke screen for disruptions.
      Especially France closing freight for 48 hours, with thousands of trucks now stuck on the UK side likely for crimbo, hope they get an SOS turkey dinner from the emergency services.

What exactly do the French expect to be resolved in that time other than perhaps pressure on a brexit deal that is still ongoing despite a deadline of last night.

As for this mutation I read (may have been on the bbc site) that they think it may have materialised from someone with a poor immune system that was unable to fight off the virus, so pretty much anyone in the 'at severe risk' category. Should be better quarantine in place for covid patients to stop it spreading, though when people go in with an unrelated illness (e.g. Eddie Large with a heart problem) that then catches covid in hospital and dies, only the desperate/dying should be going anywhere near hospitals. I avoid them like the plague.
      Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
        Especially France closing freight for 48 hours, with thousands of trucks now stuck on the UK side likely for crimbo, hope they get an SOS turkey dinner from the emergency services.

What exactly do the French expect to be resolved in that time other than perhaps pressure on a brexit deal that is still ongoing despite a deadline of last night.

As for this mutation I read (may have been on the bbc site) that they think it may have materialised from someone with a poor immune system that was unable to fight off the virus, so pretty much anyone in the 'at severe risk' category. Should be better quarantine in place for covid patients to stop it spreading, though when people go in with an unrelated illness (e.g. Eddie Large with a heart problem) that then catches covid in hospital and dies, only the desperate/dying should be going anywhere near hospitals. I avoid them like the plague.
        48 hours gives time for analysis and planning.

Comment

It's been around for a few weeks (at least) if you work back likely growth from known prevalence.

Tin foil hats back in the drawer.
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Also, not really in our self-interest to get borders closed to us. We're the new Wuhan, Trump will be referring to the "Boris Bug".
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
              And now for something completely different ...

Meh, it's easy when you have the right kind of snow. If they had to deal with 2mm of our treacherous British snow they'd be scuppered.
              England's greatest sailor since Nelson lost the armada.

Comment

Originally posted by GigiBronz View Post
                I'll spin another idea around. Maybe the virus mutation was already present and prevalent but they were keeping it quiet.

Now that borders have started to block due to brexit they are using the virus as a smoke screen for disruptions.
                cos this government is great at keeping secrets......
                See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
                  cos this government is great at keeping secrets......
                  Governmental incompetence is a smokescreen for the global conspiracy.

Climate change, Covid and the US election fraud are all connected. Simon Dolan says so; therefore it is true.

https://twitter.com/simondolan/statu...63443802394624 Tweet has been deleted, which just shows how deep the conspiracy runs.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post

Climate change, Covid and the US election fraud are all connected. Simon Dolan says so; therefore it is true.

https://twitter.com/simondolan/statu...63443802394624 Tweet has been deleted, which just shows how deep the conspiracy runs.
                    do your own research sheeple
                    See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                      That's what they want you to think.
                      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
                      X