• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Always do what is right.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Always do what is right.

I remember some poster got in trouble with this agency in Summer by not breaching Covid laws after he stupidly went on holiday.

DVLA declares Covid-19 outbreak at Swansea offices | Coronavirus | The Guardian

The Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency has declared a coronavirus outbreak at its offices in Swansea.

A total of 352 cases of Covid-19 have been identified among DVLA workers, including 62 confirmed cases at its contact centre in Swansea Vale, since 1 December.

Testing facilities have been deployed by Swansea University Health Board to the site from Monday until Wednesday for the entire workforce to be tested.

Sion Lingard, consultant in health protection for Public Health Wales, said: “Public Health Wales can confirm that NHS Test Trace Protect has been responding to 62 confirmed cases of coronavirus in employees at the DVLA Contact Centre in Swansea Vale since the 1 December.

“We are all working in close collaboration with our partner agencies and our priority is to reduce the number of cases in this workforce.

“We would like to encourage all staff at the contact centre to take up the offer of testing available on the site until 23 December.

“Finding cases early is key to reducing transmission and risks to those around you. But workers in any workplace may be at risk from infection in social or household settings.”

Figures calculated by PA Media based on data published on the Public Health Wales Covid-19 surveillance dashboard show for the seven days to 17 December in Swansea, 747.0 new cases per 100,000 people.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

It's psycho candy crush time...

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      It's psycho candy crush time...

Not me. Never venture into Jack land (swansea)....

I did go on hols in the summer though...
      Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Did a stint there back in 2004 when working for Big4 consultancy. Right old shyte hole of a place. We were in portacabins off the car park. Best thing for it if CV19 shuts the slum down and they get the cleaners in! Must be pretty awful to live in a place like Swansea and know one of the 'best' employers is the DVLA
        I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Working...
        X