• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Plans for 30-minute Covid testing in England halted amid accuracy fears

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plans for 30-minute Covid testing in England halted amid accuracy fears

The French are going to love this.

Plans for 30-minute Covid testing in England halted amid accuracy fears | World news | The Guardian

So al those truckers stuck at the border 'for a few more days' are going to have to take the slower proper test. If only they'd thought of providing those tests on Monday when it was clear this wasn't going to be resolved 'in a few hours'.

Covid-19: Stranded hauliers face '''a few days''' at the border - BBC News

Even with a negative test it'll take some doing to get them through the tunnel or on the ferries when there are thousands waiting.

If I was them I'd be doing this:

"You want your truck, you know where it is."
    Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

If the truckers now in UK reach the 1st there, will they be illigal immigrants here?

Comment

Time for a Kentish remake of Smokey and the Bandit.

England's greatest sailor since Nelson lost the armada.

Comment

Originally posted by GigiBronz View Post
          If the truckers now in UK reach the 1st there, will they be illigal immigrants here?
          Probably. Also, with the backlog as it is it'll take more than 72 hours from negative test to reaching front of the queue so they'll need to take another test.

If only they'd built another tunnel to a country more UK friendly than France. May have to be a bloody long tunnel.

Though if they'd built those dams to block off the north sea they could drive across those.

Giant dams enclosing North Sea could protect millions from rising waters | Environment | The Guardian
          Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Scuffles have broken out between lorry drivers and police, and there have been a few arrests.

Also apparently testing has been delayed because the test kits are in a lorry stuck in traffic.
            Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
              Probably. Also, with the backlog as it is it'll take more than 72 hours from negative test to reaching front of the queue so they'll need to take another test.

If only they'd built another tunnel to a country more UK friendly than France. May have to be a bloody long tunnel.

Though if they'd built those dams to block off the north sea they could drive across those.

Giant dams enclosing North Sea could protect millions from rising waters | Environment | The Guardian
              Well that would **** up the fishing then...
              Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post
                Scuffles have broken out between lorry drivers and police, and there have been a few arrests.

Also apparently testing has been delayed because the test kits are in a lorry stuck in traffic.
                Why aren't the test kits delivered by Chinook to the front of the queue or I know a flipping airfield!
                But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

They said at some point that french citizens and british citizens resident in France have priority.
                  Obviously 90% of those are East Europeans.
                  If you want to start a riot, it’s not very difficult if you start with that line...

Comment

Working...
                  X