• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Roll call

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Roll call

So who's still working then? Many working over the holidays or even at Christmas itself?

Just winding down here, got to rebuild a new machine which is basically triggering a build and wandering off for an hour, 4 or 5 times over.

(clearly we need a COVID equivalent of this)
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

This will be the first year ever where I haven't taken a day off.

I'm not going to ruin it now.

Comment

I'm in. Every billable day I can for me. Got a 6 month bench slot to recover from.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Desperately trying to knock off for xmas but never ending changes for Brexit

Comment

Still here, all week too

Comment

Last day of the year today. Would preferred to have continued working as I have had 4 months of no contracts this year but the office closes end of today until 4 Jan and this applies to contractors too.

Comment

I'm in, until four then off until 4/01 (forced closure ). Might as well work seeing as there's naff all to do, especially now PH has took most of my favourite full Italian films down*

Got a bit of tiling to do then will carry on writing my play

* of course all in the line of learning some idiomatic Italian and an insight into what Italian ladies like!
              Last edited by Gibbon; 23 December 2020, 13:53. Reason: Explain cooment.
              But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

Last day today and back in next Tuesday

Comment

Still working here (does WFH count?).

Like others, had a long spell benched over the summer and this is a short contract (3M) so trying to invoice as much as possible.

That said, finishing today but will likely be logging back on at least part of next week.
                  Do what thou wilt

Comment

Finished last Thursday. Back to work 4th January. First task - find out why the XML is failing the ZUGFeRD 2.0 validations...

Oh, I have to return client laptop and my badge sometime before new year. Issue my last invoice. Send accounts to accountant.
                    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
                    X