• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Roll call

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    So who's still working then? Many working over the holidays or even at Christmas itself?

Just winding down here, got to rebuild a new machine which is basically triggering a build and wandering off for an hour, 4 or 5 times over.

(clearly we need a COVID equivalent of this)
    Good excuse in my first job. It took about 20 minutes to load the operating system before you could compile anything.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Been off looking after wife since October. Company is holding role open for me and paying a retainer until I can return (will be open until at least end of March).
      I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Still working.
        Will knock off at 14:00 tommorow which is usual and be on call. My last ever Christmas on call.
        Back working on the 28th and then close for good on the 31st.
        Former IPSE member
        My Website

Comment

Taking Xmas Day and NYE off, billing the rest. 2020 saw me out of work for the longest spell in 30 years.

Comment

Only BH and weekends off (client too disorganised to arrange weekend working). Just got assigned a new piece of work today, got 120 days testing to do before the end of Jan, something called EU Exit.

Comment

Morning all

Back at my station again.

Comment

Nope. Total change freeze. No point in being in. Back Jan 5th.

Comment

Originally posted by BackupBoy View Post
                  Nope. Total change freeze. No point in being in. Back Jan 5th.
                  What! No backups happening during Christmas ?
                  Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                    So who's still working then? Many working over the holidays or even at Christmas itself?

Just winding down here, got to rebuild a new machine which is basically triggering a build and wandering off for an hour, 4 or 5 times over.

(clearly we need a COVID equivalent of this)
                    Still invoicing, last working day of the year today though (256 days total this year)
                    Last edited by SimonMac; 24 December 2020, 09:54.
                    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                      Still invoicing, last working day of the year today though ([b]256/[b] days total this year)
                      A very nice round number!

Comment

Working...
                      X