• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Move to remote working and the impact on the contractor market?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My client (Uk based) had not engaged any Uk resource since July - 200+ non Uk IT guys engaged since then

Why would you even consider a 900quid/day or even a 400day guy when it’s work from home forever

We are getting top notch Java guys for 180 a day from Russia and Poland (not there rate)

All other IT related in similar rates

Games a bogey

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Move to remote working and the impact on the contractor market?

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
      My client (Uk based) had not engaged any Uk resource since July - 200+ non Uk IT guys engaged since then

Why would you even consider a 900quid/day or even a 400day guy when it’s work from home forever

We are getting top notch Java guys for 180 a day from Russia and Poland (not there rate)

All other IT related in similar rates

Games a bogey

Yes 180 day guys are just as good as 900 London in office 9-5 guys

Plus will work 5 hours a day more

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
        Yes 180 day guys are just as good as 900 London in office 9-5 guys

Plus will work 5 hours a day more

I bet you were ditched from your 2k a day contract in favour of a Russian on 100 quid a day.
        Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
          Haven't we gone over this many times since March?
          I think the landscape is a lot different now to March.

Apologies if already discussed, I’ve not been on these forums for a while

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          Have you attempted to apply any common sense to the first part of that sentence or are you just taking someone's opinion as given?

And only an idiot wouldn't be able to come to the conclusion in the second sentence.
          ..and this is why. Seems you haven’t mellowed much in the months I’ve kept away.

Really can’t be bothered with attitudes like this, so you’ll be happy to know I won’t post again.

Happy Christmas all.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by BABABlackSheep View Post
              I think the landscape is a lot different now to March.

Apologies if already discussed, I’ve not been on these forums for a while

..and this is why. Seems you haven’t mellowed much in the months I’ve kept away.

Really can’t be bothered with attitudes like this, so you’ll be happy to know I won’t post again.

Happy Christmas all.

Given that you didn't post anything that hasn't been discussed continually I suspect we won't miss you witherings.
              merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Shame. I wanted to know what exactly had changed as most of the comments and arguments are the same as every other time it's been discussed. Maybe there was really was something new to consider.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                  Shame. I wanted to know what exactly had changed as most of the comments and arguments are the same as every other time it's been discussed. Maybe there was really was something new to consider.
                  But the OP didn't have an argument - if there was one he would post it.

All the OP said is what anyone who has been paying attention has been hearing for months - the old ways of 5 days a week in the office are likely to be gone forever and companies will be looking for either remote or hybrid approaches where WFH is part of the week.

And there will always been exceptions to that but I really do think most companies will be looking at some variation of 2/3 days in the office 3/2 days WFH but if big savings can be made by going using offshore labour companies will be more likely to at least try it.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                    But the OP didn't have an argument - if there was one he would post it.

All the OP said is what anyone who has been paying attention has been hearing for months - the old ways of 5 days a week in the office are likely to be gone forever and companies will be looking for either remote or hybrid approaches where WFH is part of the week.

And there will always been exceptions to that but I really do think most companies will be looking at some variation of 2/3 days in the office 3/2 days WFH but if big savings can be made by going using offshore labour companies will be more likely to at least try it.
                    No need to be an asshole. It's a forum, it's casual chat. You don't need to talk about something new and you dont need to support what you say either. You wouldn't in real life why do you hold a forum post to higher standards then casual conversation in real life?

Comment

Originally posted by jayn200 View Post
                      No need to be an asshole. It's a forum, it's casual chat. You don't need to talk about something new and you dont need to support what you say either. You wouldn't in real life why do you hold a forum post to higher standards then casual conversation in real life?
                      Given that the OP wasn't interested in chatting I see little reason why you are attacking me for trying to work out what his argument actually was..

Comment

Working...
                      X