• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Come join me...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Come join me...

...and others in tier 4.

You know you want to at 00:01 on Boxing Day.

Covid-19: Six million more people to enter tier 4 on Boxing Day - BBC News

"It is therefore necessary to put more of the East and South East of England into tier four."

Areas moving to tier four are: Sussex, Oxfordshire, Suffolk, Norfolk, Cambridgeshire, Hampshire, with the exception of the New Forest, and the parts of Essex and Surrey not already in the toughest restrictions.
    Last edited by SueEllen; 23 December 2020, 18:20.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

I'm getting about:blank#blocked on that page SE.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Not yet my sweetness, Birmingham is celebrating the last days of tier 3 into the new year. But soon, very soon.
      Make Mercia Great Again!

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
        I'm getting about:blank#blocked on that page SE.
        working link: Covid-19: Millions more people to enter tier 4 on Boxing Day - BBC News

And I'll be joining the OP in tier 4 as well, cancelled my company Christmas/New Years outing for me and my staff in Cornwall next week

Comment

Local infections in my area have halved in two weeks yet we are going from tier 2 to tier 4
          "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Dammit. Now it won't be illegal for me to visit the parentals They could have waited till after the weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
              Dammit. Now it won't be illegal for me to visit the parentals They could have waited till after the weekend.
              It is illegal as it isn't an essential journey.

After all none of you are having mental health problems caused by you being apart from each other.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                It is illegal as it isn't an essential journey.

After all none of you are having mental health problems caused by you being apart from each other.
                No new ones, anyway
                Last edited by ladymuck; 23 December 2020, 20:51.

Comment

Works for us - we're Tier 2, but everywhere around us is tier4, so we can't go to the local Tesco etc. Will actually mean we can do more.

Comment

I think we've been in something like tier 3.5 for about 60 days with another 20 or so to go. I thought today was Friday so got all my stuff done ready for the weekend....

Sent from my 5g carrier pigeon
                    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Working...
                    X