• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Could you do it?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dunno. Meant to go on the zip wire when I was last in Croatia but chickened out.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

It reminded me of when I was about twelve or thirteen and used to go swimming a lot at the local pool. Having eventually summoned up the courage to dive from the 3m board, I started venturing up to the 5m platform, where I'd dither for ages exactly like those people before ignominiously climbing back down the ladder

I made it off there after a few months though, so I hope I'd manage to go off a 10m one as well, even if it took a while

Comment

Did it in my teens the local pool's diving board was 10m.
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

No way. No how. Not ever. I had enough trouble doing the 3m. I could do that by switching my mind off and just walking forward. Keep legs together, arms by your side and you'll be fine. The choppier the water is, the less it can hurt. Don't lose your head and try a belly-flop... I'm sorry, I got that the wrong way round...

My head is fine, but like the young man in the video, my knees buckle. It's most strange. I don't feel scared at height emotionally, but my legs are terrified.
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
              No. Not ever.

Comment

Working...
              X