• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Record Breaking

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Record Breaking

Health authorities in the UK have reported 41,385 new positive coronavirus tests, the highest number yet recorded in a single day since the start of the pandemic.

Coronavirus live news: UK reports record 41,385 new daily cases; UK and South African variants now in Finland | World news | The Guardian

But at least we can also read about German efficiency -

Germany’s vaccination campaign has been overshadowed by a mishap in the north of the country, where eight workers in a care home received an overdose.

Vorpommern-Ruegen district authorities said the workers in Stralsund city received five times the recommended dose of the BioNTech/Pfizer vaccine on Sunday. Four went to hospital for observation after developing flu-like symptoms. The district chief Stefan Kerth said:

I deeply regret the incident. This individual case is due to individual errors. I hope that all those affected do not experience any serious side-effects.

The incident came after some German districts declined to use vaccines received over the weekend on suspicion that cold conditions were interrupted during delivery.

Vorpommern-Ruegen authorities pointed to previous statements by BioNTech saying larger doses were tested in the phase 1 study without serious consequences. There was no immediate comment from the pharmaceutical companies.
    Last edited by SueEllen; 28 December 2020, 17:24.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Maybe it was efficiently delivered deliberate overdoze to find out the effects early on, in controlled environment ...

Comment

They really need to stop testing people...
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post

Hey we are happy to put AtW forward as a guinea pig.
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post

You mean do it the Swedish way....

Oh yeah Britons were on the run - Only about 12 Britons stay in quarantine in Swiss ski resort after hundreds flee | World news | The Guardian

Comment

We should be proud. We have a world beating virus strain.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
              Hey we are happy to put Poggle forward as a guinea pig.
              FTFY

Comment

Still no testing near me and vaccinations were stopped on day two due to vaccine shortages. My vaccination is scheduled for the 4th Jan but I am expecting it to be cancelled. Big mouth Borris lies again.
                "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                  My vaccination is scheduled for the 4th Jan but I am expecting it to be cancelled. Big mouth Borris lies again.
                  Maybe he's busy doing other things?
                  nomadd liked this post

Comment

Originally posted by nomadd View Post
                    Maybe he's busy doing other things?
                    What? Getting his leg over? After all, he has a vacancy for his mistress.

Comment

Working...
                    X