• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

So it begins

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    So I am guessing that chemical castration was the normal punishment to all those arrested for shagging in a park?
    Why dont you find the case.

He was not chemically castrated by the UK government, that is just bulltulip.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
      He was not chemically castrated by the UK government, that is just bulltulip.
      So, tell me the REAL TRUTH then - what actually happened to Alan Turing?

Comment

So, tell me the REAL TRUTH then - what actually happened to Alan Turing?
        He killed himself.

Its a sad tale of a man who was mentally ill.

But you can go through British history in the 30s and 40s and identify clearly gay individuals living and operating as obviously gay. Claiming he was killed for his gayness is complete mince.

Comment

The second is that it was long time ago anyway
          Minestrone lives in the past. He can't cope with the present day. Have some compassion.
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

“ Computer pioneer and codebreaker Alan Turing has been given a posthumous royal pardon.

It addresses his 1952 conviction for gross indecency following which he was chemically castrated.

He had been arrested after having an affair with a 19-year-old Manchester man.

The conviction meant he lost his security clearance and had to stop the code-cracking work that had proved vital to the Allies in World War Two.

The pardon was granted under the Royal Prerogative of Mercy after a request by Justice Minister Chris Grayling.”

Royal pardon for codebreaker Alan Turing - BBC News

Comment

Originally posted by clearedforlanding
              Sorry, I am struggling with the gross indecency on my side?
              It's the avatar...

Comment

Originally posted by KinooOrKinog View Post
                What a classic example of Poe's law.
                I hope not, but I honestly have no idea if this person is being serious.
                The forced sterilisation bit was tongue in cheek. The rest is what I would do if I was in charge.
                See You Next Tuesday

Comment

It's the avatar...
                  Seriously?

Wow.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                    Minestrone lives in the past. He can't cope with the present day. Have some compassion.
                    Buddy, you worship with a Christian sect that thinks dinosaurs lived 20 thousand year ago.

Comment

Gross Indecency was catch all that covered child charges and rape.

It's not as simple as just saying "he was gay"

Comment

Working...
                      X