• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Becoming a manager

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Becoming a manager

Hey!
    I am in my 20's with experience in data and analytics. I have the technical skills asked for in manager JD's and I have all the business experience dealing with C-Level etc.

Now I want to know how do I become a manager? I have never had anyone under me. Should I take a course? Or do I just tell people I want to be a manager and I have X skills.... so believe me I can be a manager.

Is it as simple as applying or will companies not look twice as I have only the word "Analyst" in my job titles thus far?

Help! Looking for advice and tips. If you can tell me how you got your first manager role, that would be great.

Are you lying again like you did last time you asked us for advice?

I do hope you are though. Rather a liar than a clueless idiot.

EDIT :
    Originally posted by NewToThis31 View Post
    I have never had anyone under me.
    And a virgin as well....

Just keep cleaning the bogs. You are not ready yet.
    Last edited by northernladuk; 30 December 2020, 21:48.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Model yourself on PC or scootie and you’ll go far in management.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        Are you lying again like you did last time you asked us for advice?

I do hope you are though. Rather a liar than a clueless idiot.

Just keep cleaning the bogs. You are not ready yet.

I did not lie, I exaggerated the truth in the other post, let it go, don't scrutinise further in this thread as well.

Comment

Hey!
          I am in my 20's with experience in data and analytics. I have the technical skills asked for in manager JD's and I have all the business experience dealing with C-Level etc.

Now I want to know how do I become a manager? I have never had anyone under me. Should I take a course? Or do I just tell people I want to be a manager and I have X skills.... so believe me I can be a manager.

Is it as simple as applying or will companies not look twice as I have only the word "Analyst" in my job titles thus far?

Help! Looking for advice and tips. If you can tell me how you got your first manager role, that would be great.
          Simples

Shout a lot

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

I did not lie, I exaggerated the truth in the other post, let it go, don't scrutinise further in this thread as well.
            Hi,
            Okay good news... but first I lied.
            You lying about lying bro??

This is one tedious sockie. They used to try and act mildly interesting in their early posts. Standards have certainly dropped.

Comment

Why did you exaggerate?

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                Why did you exaggerate?
                Yoof of today innit.

Comment

Gladiator School.

My abs are ripped.

Comment

You see, you’ve already shown management qualities in getting the title changed from Waste Disposal Technician. The only thing holding you back now is that Benny Hill vibe.

Comment

Working...
                    X